WTB: 2012 (or earlier) model Patagonia Houdini Large
Display Avatars Sort By:
Brendan Mulholland
(dools009) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
WTB: 2012 (or earlier) model Patagonia Houdini Large on 08/24/2013 16:33:23 MDT Print View

Just ripped my favorite jacket of all time and found out that they change the material in the 2013 model! Anyone know anywhere that is still selling the older model Houdinis?

Ideally I'm looking for a Large in Bali Blue but I could go for Black if need be. I'd also be interested in used ones in decent shape if anyone's interested in getting rid of one.

Cheers,
Brendan

Brendan Mulholland
(dools009) - MLife

patagonia houdini? on 08/25/2013 18:04:59 MDT Print View

bump

Will Elliott
(elliott.will) - F

Locale: Juneau, AK
` on 08/27/2013 14:08:10 MDT Print View

Hi Brendan,

I too was looking for an older model Houdini because I don't like the new trail running fit. I ended up getting its precursor, the Dragonfly pullover, which is like the original Houdini with a half-zip and a more pronounced drop tail. It's lime green, size L. I bought it for $45 and would sell for the same shipped.

Brendan Mulholland
(dools009) - MLife

dragonfly on 08/27/2013 16:51:44 MDT Print View

Will,

Thanks for your message. Do you know if the dragonfly uses the same material (concered w/ breathability/wp'ness) as the 2010-2012 houdini? I read a few reviews saying they thought the dragonfly was a less breathable but more wp material.

Cheers,
Brendan

Will Elliott
(elliott.will) - F

1 on 08/27/2013 17:15:41 MDT Print View

Hi Brendan,

The material feels very much like the fabric used on my 2006 Houdini minus the ripstop for an even lower weight. I can't speak to its breathability vs the new ones.

Will Elliott
(elliott.will) - F

2 on 08/27/2013 17:17:36 MDT Print View

Were the Houdinis polyester at some point? The dragonfly says nylon, as do the 2013s. I thought my old one was polyester.

Brendan Mulholland
(dools009) - MLife

dragonfly on 08/28/2013 16:11:43 MDT Print View

Will - thanks for the offer, but I think I'm going to keep looking for a full-zip houdini. I really need the breathability (that is a nice way to say I'm a sweater : ) ) I really like the full zip for bike touring.

Cheers,
Brendan

E J
(mountainwalker) - MLife

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England
How is new Houdini different in performance? on 08/28/2013 16:17:25 MDT Print View

How does the new one differ in performance and fit?

Will Elliott
(elliott.will) - F

1 on 08/28/2013 21:19:40 MDT Print View

Re: new fit vs older, non-trail running model:

trimmer in chest
shorter in arms and hem
less room to layer
much, much smaller pocket
pocket placed under shoulder strap
less helmet compatible hood
wider cuffs