Forum Index » Chaff » Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault.

Display Avatars Sort By:
Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/23/2013 09:34:22 MDT Print View

Apparently, a third of Louisiana GOPers blame Obama for how the gubment handled Katrina. Amazing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/lousiana-republicans-blame-president-obama-hurricane-katrina-response-article-1.1433096

Tim Zen
(asdzxc57) - F

Locale: MI
Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/24/2013 15:27:02 MDT Print View

The facts are so clear, I don't understand why it took the GOP so long to bring this to light. Why don't they do something!?!?!

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/26/2013 17:13:20 MDT Print View

they also blame him for the economic downturn too..............

haven't you heard?

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/26/2013 17:25:30 MDT Print View

Didn't he make the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs?

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/26/2013 18:03:05 MDT Print View

Or as someone sent me the other day:

"I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I
meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so
obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it."

John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

(disclaimer: not that there are not stupid liberals around as well)

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/26/2013 18:28:08 MDT Print View

"Or as someone sent me the other day:

"I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I
meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so
obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it."

John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

(disclaimer: not that there are not stupid liberals around as well)"

A good example of a post that can lead to better understanding one another and see what goals we all might have in common.

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/26/2013 19:04:50 MDT Print View

Nothing has changed for decades. Thanks Obama.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/26/2013 19:27:37 MDT Print View

"not that there are not stupid liberals around as well"

Now wait a goshdarned minute.....!

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/26/2013 20:46:15 MDT Print View

"A good example of a post that can lead to better understanding one another and see what goals we all might have in common."

Hmm, other than acknowledging that there are stupid people on both sides (as much as it pains me to do so, Tom - I understand your reaction all too well!), I'm not sure how we would do that...but maybe that's proof of my stupidity.

I could discuss my preconceived notions about why that quote might have some sort of validity, but that might only hinder rather than help further understanding and common goals.

Ian Destroyer of Forums
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Hmm..... on 08/26/2013 21:07:15 MDT Print View

Eye downt no wy yu liberuls keap making fuwn ov uss conservutevs. Et seems preddy smurt two mee too spent les monee thawn use maik buwt sence thu republikins our spenting monee fastur then aye sayler en a horse house whun Jeorge Busch wus en de whiit howse eyes ges et reely dozent maak many deference eyether weigh yo.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/26/2013 21:09:14 MDT Print View

Fair enough dk.

To put this in some perspective: I work with someone who DAILY exclaims " Fu@&ing Republicans" and while I am not a republican I see him as clearly part of the problem.

I should not extend my frustration to you. I am sorry.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/26/2013 21:18:58 MDT Print View

Unfortunately it's the media and those we've elected into office that add the most fuel to the fire.

I'd put money on the fact that deep down, most of us could live and let live regardless of our differences. But we're taught to hate, despise, and fight those who think differently; its drilled into us daily. It's our DUTY to attack the other side. I'm guilty of it.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/26/2013 22:01:20 MDT Print View

Maybe the problem is the people that have bought our government and put in all sorts of loopholes to benefit themselves

They want to create all sorts of emotional issues for us to argue about while they're picking our pockets

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/26/2013 23:05:20 MDT Print View

"I should not extend my frustration to you. I am sorry."

No need to apologize. I can see how having to endure your co-worker could set off some knee-jerk responses to anything that seemed similar in tone.

I just thought the quote recently sent to me fit the general theme of this thread, even though I don't necessarily hold the view that stupid people tend to be conservative.

Edited by dkramalc on 08/26/2013 23:56:59 MDT.

Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Locale: Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/27/2013 09:19:40 MDT Print View

Edited by redmonk on 08/27/2013 09:23:21 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/27/2013 09:50:11 MDT Print View

If you look at your top map, the "red" states with highest IQ - Nevada, Iowa, Virginia, Ohio, and Florida, they all voted for Obama in 2008

Ian Destroyer of Forums
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/27/2013 15:06:19 MDT Print View

"If you look at your top map, the "red" states with highest IQ - Nevada, Iowa, Virginia, Ohio, and Florida, they all voted for Obama in 2008"

Likely they voted against McCain. There's a difference.

Edited by IDBLOOM on 08/27/2013 15:08:05 MDT.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/27/2013 15:13:48 MDT Print View

"Likely they voted against McCain."

More likely they voted against Palin.

Ian Destroyer of Forums
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/27/2013 15:36:56 MDT Print View

"More likely they voted against Palin."

They really made some critical errors in that campaign. Palin received some mileage because she wasn't on the radar for most of us. I personally was expecting Lieberman to be McCain's running mate.

Palin was a gimmick which backfired on the McCain campaign with a vengeance.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hurricane Katrina response is Obama's fault. on 08/27/2013 16:28:05 MDT Print View

>Palin was a gimmick which backfired on the McCain campaign with a vengeance.

And she took the 15 minutes of fame McCain gave her and is milking it for God knows how long, prolonging it into a slow-motion backfire for all of us to endure.