FS: Therm-a-Rest Neo Air Trekker Torso Length Inflatable Sleeping Pad
Display Avatars Sort By:
Christopher Martin
(njcmq8026)

Locale: United States - East
FS: Therm-a-Rest Neo Air Trekker Torso Length Inflatable Sleeping Pad *Sold* on 08/16/2013 01:23:10 MDT Print View

I have a used, in very good condition Neo Air trekker (torso length) that I would like to sell. It's been used maybe 8 to 10 times and has no problem holding air. I need a full length sleeping pad. I sleep extremely cold and this pad isn't cutting it for me unless I'm sleeping in 85 degree weather. I'm asking $60.00 shipped CONUS. Serious inquiries only may e-mail chris.martin.1763@gmail.com. PayPal Gift *SOLD*

Edited by njcmq8026 on 08/19/2013 10:23:36 MDT.

mik matra
(mikmik) - M

Locale: Allways on the move
Just a small piece of advice.... on 08/16/2013 04:56:36 MDT Print View

I too am a very cold sleeper. I tried a few pads, tried reflective material under my pad to reflect body heat, few sleeping bags and different layering of clothes including wearing 7 layers all at once and still woke up cold!! I asked on here about it and someone advised me to put one of those really light closed cell foam pads as another insulation from the ground. My full length roll came in at 173grams but I need to re weigh it as I cut a bit off the bottom to make in camp slip on footware.

Only had 1 night to try this new method but it was cold wet ground (usually the worst mixture for me) and I slept like a baby!!

Hope that helps.

Mik.

Christopher Martin
(njcmq8026)

Locale: United States - East
Re: Just a small piece of advice.... on 08/16/2013 10:00:18 MDT Print View

I was suspecting that was going to be the solution, although I was hoping to carry something a little more compact. When I used to car camp, I had a therm-a-rest base camp air mattress with an r-value of 8. And I never had any problems. But once I started backpacking and looking for compact/lightweight pads, tI started having problems. I suspect that I might have a slight circulation problem to my extremities. I had a recent pulse ox reading of 90, which is low, and I went backpacking a few weeks ago, the night time low temp was only 55 degrees and I was in a 40 degree bag. I slept fine most of the night and then close to morning, I woke up shivering and convulsing. I had to do some exercise just to function well enough to break camp and and get hiking again, so I could stay warm. In the winter, I have a zero degree bag that I use and have froze my butt off in dry clothes at only 23 degrees. But this is why I always carry insulated gloves and a hat. I should also look into some kind of down jacket and also maybe a fleece jacket.

Thanks for the advice though, Mik. I might just accept this as a fact of life and save myself some money by simply taking my closed cell pad along.

mik matra
(mikmik) - M

Locale: Allways on the move
Re: Re: Just a small piece of advice.... on 08/17/2013 05:10:09 MDT Print View

No problems :).

I just thought of saying it and if it works on your next night out you may just have saved a few hundred dollars.

We only go out for a few nights at a time but on the way home I am usually pretty wrecked from lack of sleep. We are planning a 6 nighter soon and I knew I HAD TO sort out the sleep issue before going on that trip!!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Just a small piece of advice.... on 08/17/2013 08:16:19 MDT Print View

Eat more calories closer to bed time.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
FS: Therm-a-Rest Neo Air Trekker Torso Length Inflatable Sleeping Pad on 08/17/2013 08:16:55 MDT Print View

free bump

brent driggers
(cadyak) - MLife

Locale: southwest georgia
trekker on 08/17/2013 08:38:09 MDT Print View

Chris,
Ill take the trekker. If I cant get comfy on it Im sure my kids can.
Thanks