Forum Index » Chaff » urges for out of season or otherwise currently impossible activities

Display Avatars Sort By:
spelt !
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
urges for out of season or otherwise currently impossible activities on 08/14/2013 15:21:14 MDT Print View

Recently, every trip report I read about the Rockies has me practically salivating about jumping into alpine lakes for a swim. Alas, I am hundred of miles away. Anyone dreaming about, say, ice climbing at the moment? Do you dream of cool summer breezes in your hammock in the dead of winter?

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: urges for out of season or otherwise currently impossible activities on 08/14/2013 17:35:47 MDT Print View

I think of warm days in the deserts of SoCal when I'm in the freezing cold rain of NorCal.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: urges for out of season or otherwise currently impossible activities on 08/14/2013 18:53:51 MDT Print View

Mine falls under "impossible activities", rather than "out of season"

I miss the Swiss Alps. I wish I could afford to go back and wake up to the sound of cow bells.

As much as I love it here, and I am lucky to have the Ocean, mountains and forests all nearby, I would like to go home more often.

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: urges for out of season or otherwise currently impossible activities on 08/14/2013 18:57:02 MDT Print View

Here's a fix Kat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxvYvYr5atU

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: urges for out of season or otherwise currently impossible activities on 08/14/2013 19:01:30 MDT Print View

Awhh. Thanks Ken. Can you send me link for the smell now?

Sharon J.
(squark) - F

Locale: SF Bay area
cow bells on 08/15/2013 13:35:38 MDT Print View

The cows grazing Whitesides Meadow in Emigrant were wearing bells.