Forum Index » GEAR » Blue Desert Smart Tube

Display Avatars Sort By:
Kevin Schneringer
(Slammer) - MLife

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands
Blue Desert Smart Tube on 08/08/2013 21:09:33 MDT Print View

Anyone have any experience with this product? Seems like a fairly inexpensive way to make a standard water bottle a hydration system.
I already carry smart water bottles or 1L aquafina bottles this would hook right up so I got a 30" straw.?

I may pick on up.

Heath Pitts
(heathpitts)

Locale: Nashville
Re: Blue Desert Smart Tube on 08/09/2013 08:35:03 MDT Print View

I've used this for the past couple of years. I've used it with the smartwater bottles, gatorade bottles, my nalgene on day hikes, etc. It works great. I did use my platypus bite valve instead of the valve included in the package.

The important piece that is included is the one way valve. There was a post on here the other day that listed one from an aquarium pump where they made basically a DIY smart tube. I actually drilled out a gatorade top and added the one-way air valve and a rubber grommet for the drink tube. This is much lighter than the stock bottle attachments. Those basically amount to the standard top that screws onto an adapter for the bottle size you pick.

Mike Farrell
(mjf)

Locale: C.A
Thanks on 08/09/2013 11:11:45 MDT Print View

I had never heard of this until now, thank you. This looks like a great bunch of products. My mom would dig the bottle sling for our Sunday walks. I made her a paracord sling with a bottle knot, their sling would be more comfy for her. Where do we purchase them?

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Blue Desert Smart Tube on 08/09/2013 17:51:40 MDT Print View

http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Hydration%20Systems/Bottles/Blue%20Desert%20SmarTube/

It was discussed in these forums back in 2009. Search smartube.

Kevin Schneringer
(Slammer) - MLife

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands
Smart Tube on 08/09/2013 18:34:19 MDT Print View

I just got mine on Amazon. looks like their made in Israel according to their site.