New type of PIF -- the Travelling Hiker Box!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jen Klaudinyi
(Jenklaud) - F

Locale: PacNW
plan on 12/31/2013 14:17:33 MST Print View

sorry to press the point, but I thought we've been going with Ammon's suggestion from pg 10 and posted again above:

Next person near Seattle Jamey Tisdale of Duvall, WA ,Andy Nam of Mill Creek and Ian Rae of Bellingham, WA. There are three of us willing to meet up in the Tri-Cities Greg Williams , Ian Bloom and I ( Ammon Bruce) then I will get the box to Rodney M of Hermiston, OR. Then clean out Oregon with Jen K of Eugene and Mike Prihiroff of Eagle Point. So, hopefully by December it will be in the South.

I thought we'd almost made it... but it seems like you're ready to skip me.

Tommy Nelson
(snowfugger)

Locale: San Diego
Re: Western Boxes on 01/01/2014 16:21:13 MST Print View

I will send it to whomever you do not, that sounds great. Just PM me and let me know.

Christopher *
(cfrey.0) - M

Locale: US East Coast
Eastern Box on 01/01/2014 22:02:40 MST Print View

I have not seen any posts about the Eastern box for a while. Is it still on the move?
Cheers.

Mike Prohoroff
(Mjprohoroff1)

Locale: Southern Oregon
Western box on 01/02/2014 11:16:30 MST Print View

Hey Tommy, I have PM'd you. Please ship ur box to TAG in AZ. I have sent mine to Jen here in OR.

mike dangler
(newyorkteg) - F

Locale: adirondack park
new york? on 01/02/2014 12:55:11 MST Print View

this box ever come to NY? in the Adirondack Park, have some stuff i would like to donate

Tommy Nelson
(snowfugger)

Locale: San Diego
Re: Western box on 01/04/2014 20:33:47 MST Print View

Got it! It shipped to TAG yesterday...should be there Monday or Tuesday.

Joe Holmes
(joeaholmes) - M

Locale: Northwest PA
Count me in. on 01/04/2014 21:52:03 MST Print View

This sounds like a great ideo. I would be happy do participate!

Ryan Rourke
(Ryanjrourke) - F
Eastern Box on 01/08/2014 06:44:35 MST Print View

The last update on the Eastern box was mid December. It was sent to Victor Larivee in New Hampshire.

victor larivee
(vlarivee) - MLife

Locale: white mountains
Eastern box on 01/08/2014 10:51:46 MST Print View

The Eastern box was recently sent to Mary Rodriguez

Mike Young
(klackamas) - F - MLife

Locale: ingreentrees@yahoo.com
Me too me too! on 01/08/2014 11:27:41 MST Print View

I want on the list! I have lots of stuff to trade. Do I just add my name to the sheet?

TAG in AZ
(tagiam) - MLife

Locale: PHX
Western box 2 in Phoenix on 01/08/2014 14:51:12 MST Print View

I received the 2nd Western box here in Phoenix yesterday (Thanks again Tommy). If anyone in Phoenix would like to get together this weekend to share the box and add to it, let me know. Otherwise, I'll add my PIF items to the the box and pass it along to Chad in Prescott by Monday.

Gregory Allen
(Gallen1119) - M

Locale: Golden, CO
Re: Western box 2 in Phoenix on 01/08/2014 20:18:20 MST Print View

I'm thinking CO next after you AZ peeps are finished!

mass panini
(ripwaverly) - F

Locale: oregon
moving on west box on 01/14/2014 15:49:32 MST Print View

picked up the west box from jen in eugene, OR.

i grabbed: DIY hammock (for the oregon winter hammockforums raffle) , nalgene flask

i've added:
WELL THATS THE SURPRISE.

shipping out tomorrow

Edited by ripwaverly on 01/20/2014 12:05:52 MST.

Tyson Hazard
(tysonhazard) - M
Added myself to list on 01/17/2014 09:25:56 MST Print View

Looking forward to contributing, probably sometime in 2015 I'd say by the list!

Aaron Davis
(ardavis324) - F
Re: moving on west box on 01/25/2014 17:11:24 MST Print View

Bump.. any news?

Jen Schwartz
(jenjetcity) - M

Locale: Upper Left
Western box on 01/25/2014 18:20:15 MST Print View

Hello all,

The Western box is in Seattle. I just got it, and will be shipping it out on Monday with a few high value items added. I'm inclined to send it to someone high up on the list who's been waiting a long time, and I'm open to suggestions as to the most fair way to proceed.

Ammon Bruce
(AmmonBruce) - M

Locale: South Eastern Washington State
Re: Western box on 01/25/2014 18:32:34 MST Print View

Jen,
I would see if P.P. is available, because the last time he passed was months ago. Because he was going to be out of town. He may be back in The Seattle area again. Maybe a meet up would be cool. Greg Allen in CO is next on the list after P.P. Allen Currano 3rd
Cheers!!

Edited by AmmonBruce on 01/25/2014 18:37:43 MST.

Ammon Bruce
(AmmonBruce) - M

Locale: South Eastern Washington State
Western box Jokes on 01/25/2014 19:12:48 MST Print View

If you want to send a banana;cut it into slices and by the time it gets to the next person on the list. Boom!!! You got dehydrated banana chips. Oh!!

The Western box is so mysteriously slow. Its like a womens special gift; it only shows up once a month.

Why it takes someone a month to ship a box ,s the 9th Wonder of the World.

What does the western box and bigfoot have in common? They are hardly ever seen and what's inside both stinks.

I think the cure for the western box is some Activia to get it moving at a daily basis.

CHEER UP folks, it will get to you soon enough and there are two of them now.

Cheers,
Ammon

Your Big and Tall review: if it got to me ;it will get to you!!

Edited by AmmonBruce on 01/25/2014 21:03:43 MST.

Jen Schwartz
(jenjetcity) - M

Locale: Upper Left
Western box update - January 29, 2014 on 01/29/2014 19:42:16 MST Print View

The Western Box is en route to the Bay Area. My hiking buddy and I took several things, and replaced with lots of high value and fun items. We helped ourselves to an MSR water filter, fleece jacket, walkie-talkies, sun/rain hat, a few very small containers, Frog Togs, and a pair of looong merino blend socks. Our contributions far exceeded in monetary value what we took out.

The box currently weighs 21+ lbs and cost $31 to ship Seattle > Bay Area (the previous shipper paid $18 to get it to me from Corvallis, OR). I had to really strap it together with packing tape; it may be time for a new box, unless a bunch of big stuff is removed. We added as much as we possibly could, at least 20 items!

The sheer number of items and cubic volume of gear required creative re-packing/nesting/filling all dead space. So be sure to open EVERYTHING up and look inside if you don't want to miss anything. I carefully packed items into every nook and cranny I could find.

Jen

Edited by jenjetcity on 01/29/2014 19:49:38 MST.

Gary Rozanc
(grozanc) - M
Any news on the Eastern Box? on 01/29/2014 20:00:51 MST Print View

Just wanted to see what happened to the eastern box. I was an early contributor and it was fun to see who took what and follow the news from the box. I hope it hasn't disappeared!