Forum Index » Gear Swap » New type of PIF -- the Travelling Hiker Box!

Display Avatars Sort By:
TAG in AZ
(tagiam) - MLife

Locale: PHX
western loop on 08/08/2013 14:52:27 MDT Print View

put me on the list for when the box makes it out west. I'm in Phoenix.

Chad B
(CenAZwalker) - F

Locale: Southwest
western loop on 08/08/2013 14:59:48 MDT Print View

You can add me to this list. In Arizona.

Mike Prohoroff
(Mjprohoroff1) - F

Locale: Southern Oregon
I'm in on 08/08/2013 16:07:30 MDT Print View

Please add me to the list, I'm in Oregon, and have some things collecting dust.

Tom Holbrook
(Zandar) - MLife

Locale: Central Coast of California
PIF Box on 08/09/2013 09:35:32 MDT Print View

I am in.... would love to participate.

Z.

Rodney Mruk
(rodney_mruk) - M

Locale: Northeast Oregon
PIF Box on 08/09/2013 17:52:32 MDT Print View

This is a fabulous idea. I'm in NE Oregon and have a whole bunch of things that I have been holding on to which others might like to have. So, I am in.

Now, if those east of the Mississippi do not want to share with us Westerners, maybe we need to start another box. I'll give it a couple of weeks and see how it goes. Otherwise, I'll start a second box if the interest continues to build.

Rodney

John C
(jcinaz) - M

Locale: Phoenix AZ
Southwest Loop on 08/09/2013 18:03:08 MDT Print View

I would like to be contacted when the box is in the Phoenix area. Could even meet others in area and split shipping to next state/region.

Mark Cashmere
(tinkrtoy) - M

Locale: NEOH
Re: Southwest Loop on 08/09/2013 19:53:26 MDT Print View

Great to see so much support and as much as I hope this one makes it to everyone interested, there is no reason to wait -- to echo Rodney, start your own! Everyone here undoubtedly has a bunch of miscellaneous pieces parts and gear we've tried and abandoned. Heck, start two or three boxes moving (I've seen some of those gear closet pictures in other posts :P). Maybe we can get a new forum for PIF Hiker Boxes so each can be its own thread...

Ryan Litwiller
(ryanlitwiller) - F

Locale: Michigan
Michigan on 08/09/2013 21:46:00 MDT Print View

I am in central michigan and would love to join

Jeff M.
(Catalyst) - M

Locale: Costa Mesa, CA
CA on 08/10/2013 11:37:00 MDT Print View

I'm in socal and would love to as well. Just thinking, maybe some type of shared google doc might be good to keep track of everyone interested? You can remove your name once you've received it? That way we don't have to go digging through the thread.

Mike Prohoroff
(Mjprohoroff1) - F

Doc on 08/10/2013 14:35:18 MDT Print View

Great idea Jeff.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: A very flat place (Grrrrrrrr)
Re: Michigan on 08/10/2013 15:05:29 MDT Print View

Ryan,

I live not far from you, maybe we would split the postage if it was to come to Michigan.

Ryan Litwiller
(ryanlitwiller) - F

Locale: Michigan
Re: Re: Michigan on 08/10/2013 18:55:18 MDT Print View

Yes I am game....where you at in MI?

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: A very flat place (Grrrrrrrr)
Re: Re: Re: Michigan on 08/10/2013 20:08:29 MDT Print View

Just a bit outside Bay city, by the sounds of it will probaly be a while before its Michigan.

Edited by stephenm on 08/10/2013 20:21:34 MDT.

P. P.
(toesnorth) - F

Locale: PNW
Sounds great! on 08/10/2013 20:57:10 MDT Print View

I have lots of cool stuff that is lying idle but is wanting to go into someone's pack. I'm in Eastern Washington state.

Greg Williams
(Gwilli) - M

Locale: Tri-cities,WA
Sign me up! on 08/10/2013 21:01:32 MDT Print View

Put me on the list for destinations out west. I'm in South Eastern WA, and would love to participate. Totally dig the spirit of the PIF box! Terrific idea.

Jeff M.
(Catalyst) - M

Spreadsheet on 08/10/2013 21:48:08 MDT Print View

Alright, I had some free time tonight so took it on myself to create a Google Docs Spreadsheet. Let me know what you all think. Anyone can edit it. I figure it's an easy way to keep track of who is interested in receiving a box and their location. I also set it up so that we can keep track of each box made. The idea would be that whoever sends or receives the box would update the "current location" of that box. Let me know what you all think. The spreadsheet is here. I have no problem trashing it if the general consensus is that it is not needed, but I thought it might help.

Edited by Catalyst on 08/10/2013 21:48:58 MDT.

Mike Prohoroff
(Mjprohoroff1) - F

Spredsheet on 08/11/2013 08:34:26 MDT Print View

So I added my name to doc as an interested participant. Thx Jeff.

Jeff M.
(Catalyst) - M

everyone added on 08/11/2013 10:23:49 MDT Print View

Alright, I've added everyone I found in the thread to the spreadsheet. Looks like we have enough people out west we could start another box if someone has enough things and wouldn't mind starting it off. As far as I can tell the first box is in OH and headed to MD soon.

Adam Littell
(arlittell)

Locale: Ohio
on it's way on 08/11/2013 13:34:59 MDT Print View

had a little address confusion, but this box goes out to Gary Rozanc in Virginia in the morning.

Allen C
(acurrano)

Locale: SF Bay Area
Signed up! on 08/11/2013 19:09:44 MDT Print View

Just added myself to the list for West coast...I'm in CA and have a few choice items I can add when it gets to me!
Allen