FS: : REI Flash Insulated Air Sleeping Pad, LONG, 17 oz., 3.2 R-Value
Display Avatars Sort By:
Robsudac *
(robsudac) - F

Locale: Northern California
~SOLD~: REI Flash Insulated Air Sleeping Pad, LONG, 17 oz., 3.2 R-Value on 08/06/2013 11:50:36 MDT Print View

Selling a lightly and gently used REI Flash Insulated Air Sleeping Pad, size LONG, 78" by 20.5" and weighs a mere 17oz and packs down to 4.25 x 5 inches. MSRP is $109. May as well save yourself $31 plus sales taxes

~SOLD~
$78/shipped via Paypal gift.
~SOLD~

flash1

flash2

flash3

flash4

When replying, please specify "REI Flash-LONG" or some variation thereof as I have the REGULAR version as well as a few other items listed on Gear Swap. Cheers!

Per the REI website description...

http://www.rei.com/product/845300/rei-flash-insulated-air-sleeping-pad

Coming in at 1 pound, this REI Flash Insulated Air sleeping pad is ultra compact and takes up little space in your backpack.

~ Baffle construction with high-performance, water-resistant PrimaLoft® synthetic down microfiber insulation provides soft warmth for very little weight
~ Larger tubes on the outside keep you from rolling off
~ Flat valve technoglogy provides a low-profile, durable, secure and convenient system to manage pad inflation; 2 flat valves are used, 1 for inflation and 1 for deflation
~ 30-denier ripstop polyester with a polyurethane lamination keeps the pad lightweight and compact, while providing durability for the lightweight-minded backpacker
~ Low-volume, tapered, mummy-shape design increases efficiency and compressibility
~ R-Value equals 3.2
~ Stuff sack (included) protects pad during transport and ensures a compact parcel every time

edit: added information from the REI website.

Edited by robsudac on 08/06/2013 16:46:07 MDT.

TAG in AZ
(tagiam) - MLife

Locale: PHX
Good sleeping pad on 08/06/2013 12:29:26 MDT Print View

For those of you who might not have heard of this sleeping pad, I'll add my $0.02. This pad appears to have been made for REI by our friends at Exped. The material and build quality are very similar to my Exped UL 7 pad. The differences are few - tapered versus rectangular, color (seriously bright green) and inflate / deflate valve placement. I took both pads on a recent trip and slept on each for a night and noticed no thermal or sleep comfort differences. My only frustration with the pad is the location of the inflate and deflate valves. On the Exped pads, the valves are side by side (which, admittedly, can be confusing in the middle of the night) and on the REI pad, the inflate valve is at the top of the pad and the deflate valve is down by your feet. The separation of the valves eliminates the confusion, but cause me to do several crunches as I was slowly letting air out to fine tune the inflation of the pad.