Backpacking with a Newborn
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kristin Tennessen
(ktenness) - MLife

Locale: Sierra Nevadas
Thanks BPLers on 08/14/2013 14:13:17 MDT Print View

Thanks everyone for the great comments. I love being a part of this inspiring community.

nick meynen
(NickMeynen) - F

Locale: Kessel-Lo
to Mary D and Bob Bankhead on 04/28/2014 14:23:37 MDT Print View

I stumbled over this thread by coincidence and for Mary D and Bob Bankhead: thanks and yes I did do a follow up article for backpackonglight: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/babyonboard_part2.html

The book was published in April 2013 in Belgium, in Dutch. No english version in sight though, sorry for that. But the article captures a lot of things. Bob: what you said in the reaction to that first discussion even made it into the book - as well as other less construcive reactions :-)

The book has caused some debate here in Belgium, with over 20 press reviews/interviews and just this weekend I gave the first whole day workshop on hiking with babies/toddlers, together with 2 experienced friends, to 40 nature enthousiast parents with doubts and questions. We plan more workshops as we had full subscription so you can say there is interest in this here in Belgium. Anyway, I enjoy reading about the reactions here and let's work together in inspiring all those hiking-parents out there - in the interest of small children...

Bob Bankhead
(wandering_bob) - MLife

Locale: Oregon, USA
Backpacking with a Newborn on 04/28/2014 15:40:30 MDT Print View

Nick:

You and your wife, Fany, did all the heavy lifting for the book - and Flora on the hike.

Best wishes with your new careers on the lecture circuit.

Hopefully one day there will be an English translation. Alas, both My French and German have degraded over the years to the point of near uselessness. It would take me forever to order in a restaurant or find the airport.

Walk on!

kids

Edited by wandering_bob on 04/28/2014 15:51:37 MDT.