Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks Zero custom small pack

Display Avatars Sort By:
Matt Weaver
(norcalweaver) - F

Locale: PacNW
FS: ZPacks Zero custom small pack on 07/27/2013 14:27:23 MDT Print View

*SOLD*

Purchased this earlier in the year from ZPacks. It is a size small, with 4" added to the pack's height and in a roll top so it is now 10" wide by 6" deep by 32" tall, making it roughly a 31L. It is a +1" in torso height. I could go either regular or +1" according to my torso specs, but Joe recommended the +1" regardless due to the increased height of the pack. This pack is of the olive drab 1.43oz cuben variety. I had side pockets in the same material added to both sides, as well as a mesh center pocket. A non-removable 1" webbing belt was added, which I later made removable by cutting off, leaving enough material to loop to itself at the pack, and adding quick attach tri-glides to quickly throw the belt back on when needed. Have used this for a few trips and it's worked out very well. Other options added on by ZPacks include shock cord lashing across the mesh pocket (I removed the lashing and purchased this option just for the loops sewn in along the sides of the pockets for attachment possibilities later), and sleeping pad shock cord (this does come with the shock cord). I also taped about 90% of the inside of the pack with green cuben tape to waterproof it, but ran out of tape so that still needs to be taken care of. I taped the most important and vulnerable sections first so I was happy to leave it at where it is, but I'm obligated to note this so that there's no surprises. There was one small dot of cuben on the bottom of the pack that got a slight nick somehow, which was likely fine to leave as it didn't even really go through any layers, but I dolloped a bit of seam seal on it anyways to play it safe. Can't really see it, but again, worth nothing. The sale of this pack does not include the contents of the pack, my various connections that I have attached to the loops for holding my ice axe, trekking poles, etc, the sleeping pad, water bottles, or the shoulder pouch. I just snapped some crappy pics with my gear in it to aid in visualization of the dimensions.

It's a great pack, I'm just finding myself transforming from ultralight hiking to more mountaineering and alpine types of climbing, so swapping out some components for more durable stuff. Otherwise, this was my dream pack and I REALLY enjoyed it.

It is in excellent shape and only used for about 3-4 weeks of cumulative gentle use.

Paid 200, asking $130 shipped in CONUS Paypal gift.

Zero 1

Zero 2

Zero 3

Edited by norcalweaver on 07/29/2013 15:04:56 MDT.

myo tun
(myomgmgtun) - MLife

Locale: San Jose
Re: FS: ZPacks Zero custom small pack on 07/27/2013 20:29:08 MDT Print View

I got brand new XL Patagonia... Downsweater full zip with hood...I plan to return but if you want I can trade..Just PM me...Thanks

I post it here

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=80138&skip_to_post=682522#682522

Edited by myomgmgtun on 07/27/2013 20:31:28 MDT.

Matt Weaver
(norcalweaver) - F

saw that... on 07/27/2013 20:30:37 MDT Print View

I would have jumped on that in a second had it been a large.

myo tun
(myomgmgtun) - MLife

Locale: San Jose
Re: saw that... on 07/27/2013 20:48:43 MDT Print View

Matt, Thank you for consider my offer.... I hope you find a right person..
P.S-If you change your mind you can ask me until Monday because I plan to return it on Monday..

Edited by myomgmgtun on 07/27/2013 20:51:49 MDT.

Matt Weaver
(norcalweaver) - F

Price drop on 07/29/2013 07:16:28 MDT Print View

$130 shipped, need room for more stuff!