Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB Backpacking Clothing
Display Avatars Sort By:
Valerie E
(Wildtowner) - M

Locale: Grand Canyon State
Re: WTB Backpacking Clothing on 07/29/2013 15:24:27 MDT Print View

So glad people are stepping up on this -- I felt very badly when I read the negative responses you got. Just because someone is relatively new to the forum doesn't mean that they are "crooked". I am relatively new, too, but my name isn't a common one (much less a TV character) -- and I've already sold gear to one of the people who responded here -- and he got exactly what was promised (despite my "newness"). Yes, there are some scammers out there (I just got burned on eBay this past week), but such incidents are relatively rare, and if a buyer pays first, how is the seller going to get scammed? Just wait until the PayPal payment is final before you ship. Jack, I am trying to overcome my out-of-control gear-buying (women's stuff, which I hope to continue to post on BPL) -- but if you PM me with a list of specific items, sizes and prices, I will "personal shop" for you for free, sending you direct links to super-deals where ever I find them, and all you'll have to do is "click" and purchase directly. I already do this for my stepson and his girlfriend whenever they need gear. You will deal with the sellers directly, and I won't make any money from this -- I am just willing to do it because you were treated so badly here. Best wishes...

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com
I have some stuff, PM me on 07/29/2013 20:21:00 MDT Print View

Still need baselayer bottoms? I got it. And other stuff.

Jonathan Chin
(JonRC) - MLife

Locale: Northwoods
I've got some stuff. on 07/30/2013 09:36:28 MDT Print View

Welcome Jack. What are you still in need of?

I've got an XL Marmot Tamarack jacket shell (no liner) that you could have for free.

Also, there are some pretty nice deals on Marmot, Arc'teryx, Patagonia, and IceBreaker Merino in the Steep & Cheap Gear Cache right now.

Regards,
Jon

Jack P Webb
(Jack-Webb)
Thanks everyone! on 07/30/2013 10:54:50 MDT Print View

Thanks to everyone who came out and offered support. This definitely wasn't looking good and I'd thought I'd made a grave error in joining this community, but the number of supportive posts I received here and in PMs has definitely changed my mind and I'll be sticking around.

Dale, thanks for mentioning the ECWCS, they hadn't crossed my mind. They've been packed in a duffel bag on another base the past few months.

Edward, definitely interested in what you have to offer, let me know on here or shoot me an email (Jack-Webb at outlook.com)

Max, I think the ECWCS bottoms will work, but I'm interested to here what else you have.

Valerie, I'll be PMing you, thanks for the support and the offer.

Jonathan, I'd love to take that jacket off your hands if you don't mind. Let me know the details, thank you.

Thanks again everyone.

Respectfully,
Jack

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Thanks everyone! on 07/30/2013 19:05:42 MDT Print View

I have some gear for you. PM sent.