Forum Index » Gear Swap » WTB Backpacking Clothing

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jack P Webb
(Jack-Webb) - M
WTB Backpacking Clothing on 07/25/2013 07:50:20 MDT Print View

Looking to purchase new or lightly used backpacking clothing from Marmot, Westcomb, Patagonia or Rab. Size L-XL tops and jackets, 34x32 pants.

Email jack-Webb at outlook.com

Robsudac *
(robsudac) - F

Locale: Northern California
Tried to send PM but not set-up on 07/25/2013 08:40:28 MDT Print View

Hi Jack. I have a few items that you are seeking...

Patagonia Torrentshell, size XL, worn once in excellent condition
Marmot ROM Windstopper hooded jacket, size XL, used but in decent shape
REI convertible pants, size 34, worn a handful of times

Send me a PM to discuss if you are interested. Thanks.

-Robbie

Shawn Peterson
(afterdarkphoto) - F - M

Locale: Nor Cal
Patagonia Nano Puff XL on 07/25/2013 12:00:54 MDT Print View

I've got a Patagonia gunmetal grey XL Nanopuff.

Very good condition.....$50.00 if you want it....respond here though. I don't have PM's set up.

Jack P Webb
(Jack-Webb) - M
Ship to APO? on 07/26/2013 01:27:46 MDT Print View

Yea, I'd be interested, can you ship to APO?

Shawn Peterson
(afterdarkphoto) - F - M

Re: Ship to APO? on 07/26/2013 16:26:18 MDT Print View

Sorry I won't ship to a P.O.

On second thought, after reviewing your profile and very short duration here...I'm going to take the cautious route and retract my offer for sale of the jacket and move along. You might be a real nice guy...but my spider senses are telling me this is probably not a successful venture for me.

Good Luck

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Ship to APO? on 07/26/2013 16:41:05 MDT Print View

APO not PO. An APO is a military mailing address. It allows (unless something has changed since my ETS) for mail to be delivered to Afghanistan, Germany, etc for domestic prices.

Shawn, I'd exchange a couple PMs with the OP. I'd be happy to insure the vest for $50 in case the deal goes sideways although if you get paid through PayPal I'm not sure what your concern would be.

Edited by IDBLOOM on 07/26/2013 16:45:44 MDT.

Shawn Peterson
(afterdarkphoto) - F - M

Re: Re: Re: Ship to APO? on 07/26/2013 16:59:24 MDT Print View

Hi Ian,

I did mistakenly read the APO as PO. My mistake and I know better and the difference between the two.....my fault. Thank you for pointing out what I overlooked. Reading on this darn phone can be a pain sometimes.

I appreciate your offer to insure but I don't need it. Paypal isn't fool proof or a guarantee. I do investigations for a living and have little faith in much other than cash. However, since cash is not a good option in many circumstances, we have to go with the next best option...and frankly, for someone who has input no information in their profile, named themselves after "Jack Webb" aka John Preston or Preston Wood, and has three posts, etc. I'm going to pass.

He might be a great guy and honest. But I have seen a few folks get burned on here lately and seen way too many in my line of work get caught off guard and lose gear or money because they didn't follow their gut.

Thanks for your prior service Ian.

Jack P Webb
(Jack-Webb) - M
I'm a real boy. on 07/29/2013 11:48:44 MDT Print View

Shawn,
No hard feelings here. I didn't name myself after anything, my name is Jack Webb. The APO address is because I'm deployed to Afghanistan until December. Not trying to scam or "burn" anyone. I assure anyone else that's hesitant to sell anything to me that I'm a real human being, active duty Army, deployed to Afghanistan and my money spends the same as anyone else's.Taste the rainbow

If you squint you can probably make out my name tape. Just me having some fun during a rare double rainbow this deployment.

Ian, thanks for the vote of confidence!

Respectfully,
Jack

Edited by Jack-Webb on 07/29/2013 11:49:54 MDT.

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: west coast best coast
Re: I'm a real boy. on 07/29/2013 11:50:58 MDT Print View

Jack, if you really want to prove yourself, post a picture of the date and time.

Edited by justin_baker on 07/29/2013 11:56:17 MDT.

Jack P Webb
(Jack-Webb) - M
Wowzers on 07/29/2013 12:03:02 MDT Print View

Justin,
If that's really what this community needs as proof of my service and existence, I can make that happen. If there really is that many cynical people here though, then maybe this isn't for me.

Respectfully,
Jack

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

I have no words.... on 07/29/2013 12:17:08 MDT Print View

Sorry you're getting put through the wringer Jack.

I'd hook a bruddah up but I don't have any of the gear you are looking for. Sounds like you're gearing up for a mid-tour backpacking trip?

Edit: and please stick around. There is some occasional douchebaggery here but overall this is a great community to be part of.

Edited by IDBLOOM on 07/29/2013 14:48:17 MDT.

Jack P Webb
(Jack-Webb) - M
Mid tour trip indeed on 07/29/2013 12:24:13 MDT Print View

Yea Ian, taking my mid tour in October, planing for a road trip to Yellowstone and a week in the backcountry. One of the things you grow to miss the most over here is quiet simplicity and I can think of no better way to achieve that.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Re: Mid tour trip indeed on 07/29/2013 12:31:53 MDT Print View

Looks like you're looking for some gear as well. Far be it *from* me to deny anyone an opportunity to feed their gear addiction but assuming I don't have a trip set up for when you'd need it, I have a Hexamid Twin Tent, Montbell UL SS 30* fart sack, and maybe some other gear you can borrow. All you'd have to cover is the return postage.

PM me in September if you need to borrow anything and we'll see what we can see.

(Edit: I always screw these idioms up!)

Edited by IDBLOOM on 07/30/2013 09:51:22 MDT.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: A very flat place (Grrrrrrrr)
Re: WTB Backpacking Clothing on 07/29/2013 12:45:03 MDT Print View

Hi Jack,

Maybe I missed from a previous post but what type of clothing are you looking for, e.g. base layer, rain gear etc..

Jack P Webb
(Jack-Webb) - M
Base layer on 07/29/2013 13:08:45 MDT Print View

Stephen,
Pending the purchase of some items that will work as rain gear tops. Interested in base layers and bottoms.

Thanks!

Edited by Jack-Webb on 07/29/2013 13:09:31 MDT.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: A very flat place (Grrrrrrrr)
Re: Base layer on 07/29/2013 13:56:46 MDT Print View

Hi Jack,

I don't have any base layers available to sell but I am sure someone will offer them to you.

All the best with your search.

Robsudac *
(robsudac) - F

Locale: Northern California
I've had a few PM's with Jack on 07/29/2013 14:17:09 MDT Print View

Seems like Jack is doing exactly the same as what we are all doing on the Gear Swap message board ~ buying and selling quality used gear. I imagine there are not too many retail B&M outdoor equipment stores in Afghanistan either.

Some of you guys on the attack need to put this into perspective and get some fresh air outside rather than get bent over this.

Good luck with your search Jack.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: WTB Backpacking Clothing on 07/29/2013 14:25:00 MDT Print View

Jack, thanks for your service and may the angels watch over you.

I don't know if you can get deals on the Gen III ECWCS gridded fleece tops and bottoms, but that is worth checking out. They are near identical to the Patagonia R1 fleece items and are definitely made from the same Power Dry fabric. There may be some windshirts and other items that are worth looking at too.

Edited by dwambaugh on 07/29/2013 14:26:16 MDT.

Edward Zwibel
(YetiEddie) - MLife

Locale: Sunny San Diego
XL Bottom Layers on 07/29/2013 14:33:35 MDT Print View

Dude, I have a bunch. Thanks for your service. I'll go through the wardrobe and see what I have you may be interested in... I have some Patagooonia R2 or R3 layers, etc... Some with tags still on them.... And a windshirt or something you may like.

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: west coast best coast
Re: WTB Backpacking Clothing on 07/29/2013 14:38:12 MDT Print View

Jack, when I first read this thread it sounded like you were trying to sell something. Buying something from someone with only a few posts is a bad idea because they could just not send it. Selling something is never risky because they pay before you ship it. If you get tracking on the package then they can't dispute it on paypal.

Shawn is being ridiculous. This forum is generally very trustworthy in gear selling/buying.