November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
New cheaper Luxurylite frame pack
Display Avatars Sort By:
P. Todd Foster
( - F
New cheaper Luxurylite frame pack on 07/08/2005 11:53:01 MDT Print View

Looks like a much more affordable (but heavier, all aluminum with nylon bags) version is out.

I'm tempted. Anyone got/seen/used one of these "Neotrekk" packs?

$157 ea shipped in blocks of 5 or
$210 individually. How about a split so everybody saves $50?

Todd in CC.

Edited by on 07/08/2005 11:56:18 MDT.

Verndal Lee
(JAGC) - F

Locale: Pacific NW
Luxurylite on 07/08/2005 16:48:14 MDT Print View

Todd -
I'm fairly new to backpacking LIGHT - after 28 yers in the Army hauling around a 35-pound ruck. I read the reviews of the Luxurylite the other month and am intrigued with it - simply didn't want to pay close to $450 for the upscale model.
I'd be interested in picking up the Neotekk version. Now, are there 3 others who are interested?
I'm also curious if anyone out there has used either version of the Luxurylite - and their opinions of it.

P. Todd Foster
( - F
luxurylite on 07/10/2005 22:46:51 MDT Print View

User comments on seller's site:

I'm seriously interested in light frame packs. Was about to build one with some of Bill Fornshell's amazing ideas. The luxurylite product is easily worth the $200 to me to see what he's got and to modify it if necessary for my needs. Time is money, after all.

I'll be ordering end of the week unless a crew signs up to split a bundle.

Best, Todd in CC.

Tony Burnett
(tlbj6142) - F

Locale: OH--IO
Re: Luxurylite on 07/11/2005 08:43:48 MDT Print View

Look for messages from 'Medicine Man' on I think he owns one of everything (pack, pillow, cot, etc.) from LuxaryLite.

I, also, think their is a good write-up on this site as well. Pack wobble was my biggest concern, and the reviewer actually had that issue on his "cons" list. Otherwise, is "sounds" like a great pack.