Where to post negative experience with seller in gear swap?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: I posted it in Gear Swap on 08/15/2013 13:42:12 MDT Print View

"But, I don't think it will get much attention as the original FS title shows in the index."

That depends on how one uses the site.

I always click on 'Recent Threads', I see the threads with the most recent postings, and the last post (by title) in that thread, so your post is near the top of my results (at the moment, lots of posting on this site so it gets pushed down). But anyone responding to YOUR post in that thread will also have your subject line (unless they specifically change it).

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
. on 08/15/2013 15:33:21 MDT Print View

Edited by DaveT on 08/16/2013 22:10:07 MDT.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: negative experience. on 08/15/2013 16:44:18 MDT Print View

I recently posted a PIF GPS on gear swap and he was the first person to ask for it. I noticed that 100% of his dealings on BPL were through Gear Swap and I guess my first assumption was that he is re selling this gear elsewhere or needs to join a gear 12 step program. He assured me that he wasn't going to sell the GPS and that he would PIF it away when he was done with it.

Since he doesn't interact on BPL other than Gear Swap I can only speculate what he's doing with the gear but in the spirit of innocent until proven guilty, I have no reason to question his integrity so I sent him the GPS. I received a very gracious PM from him after he received it and he assured me that he'll PIF it on to the Boy Scouts or other worthy organization when he's done with it.

IMO.... once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, and three times is a pattern.

To the OP, if I have any concerns about a substantial purchase, instead of a screen shot I quote the seller's product description and then indicate that I'm interested.

Edited by IDBLOOM on 08/15/2013 17:46:10 MDT.

Richard May
(richardmay)

Locale: Costa Rica
Positive notes are good too! on 08/15/2013 18:29:59 MDT Print View

I think an evaluation at the end of a transaction is a very good idea. In places like eBay it's common courtesy to compliment a seller (or buyer if you are a seller) after a successful, smooth transaction.

I just bought a bivy and so far am very happy with how the dealing went. I'll wait till I've inspected the item to post though.

Let others know who's a good seller!

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
Let others know who's a good seller on 08/15/2013 19:30:33 MDT Print View

Adam Kramer is, that's for sure.

just Justin Whitson
(ArcturusBear)
Re: Re: Recent Bad Experience on 08/30/2013 01:15:27 MDT Print View

Idester wrote, "(WARNING: This statement has not been evaluated by BPL. This post is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any rancorous diatribes from other posters)"

Nice one! Brilliant even. Thank you for the laughs.