Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Heading out for a Teton Wilderness/Yellowstone National Park Trip anybody want to join?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Heading out for a Teton Wilderness/Yellowstone National Park Trip anybody want to join? on 07/17/2013 17:11:10 MDT Print View

I'm heading out for a trip in the Teton Wilderness/YNP starting on the 19th and ending as early as the 26th and as late as the 28th. Anybody want to join short notice?

Total distances 100-150 miles

Total time 7-10 days

Miles per day 15 off trail, 20-25 on trail.

If I can get permits I'll start in YNP and do a big loop into the Teton Wilderness area. If permits don't work I'll do a shorter loop through the Teton Wilerness with a possible side trip to the Washakie Wilderness as well. I plan on hiking ridgelines above timberline as much as possible.

I'll be out there one way or the other but I wouldn't mind some company if someone wants to come along.

Landon Schrock
(lschrock) - F

Locale: The plain states
ughhh on 07/18/2013 09:15:55 MDT Print View

I wish I could... just got back from CO. Next time, buddy!

Jeff Gerke
(mtnrunner) - M

Locale: Utah
Re: Heading out for a Teton Wilderness/Yellowstone National Park Trip anybody want to join? on 07/18/2013 10:02:15 MDT Print View

If it was two or three weeks later I could probably do it. Would love to see that area.

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Re ughh on 07/18/2013 13:56:31 MDT Print View

Landon and Jeff I wish you guys could make it... You'll get to see the pictures though. I talked to the park service and the Yellowstone river looks a bit iffy for crossing in the north. I'll probably start at Brooks Lake which means I'll only have to cross the Yellowstone and Thorofare closer to their headwaters and a few days later. Hopefully I won't be swimming.

Kevin Burton
(burtonator) - F

Locale: norcal
August I assume... on 07/23/2013 16:55:52 MDT Print View

I REALLY want to get back there! Though I'm headed to the wilderness with my niece on Aug 11 for a week ...

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Going again possibly, anybody want to join on 07/26/2013 19:15:21 MDT Print View

I'm possibly heading back to Wyoming (from TX) tomorrow (long story). Anybody want to join me? The plan would be to pick up where I had to leave off and do about 4 days/3 nights in the Teton Wilderness.