Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
HELP- WTB- KIDS PUFFY
Display Avatars Sort By:
Edward Zwibel
(YetiEddie) - MLife

Locale: Sunny San Diego
HELP- WTB- KIDS PUFFY on 07/16/2013 15:42:25 MDT Print View

Hey there... Lucky enough to have a late October Zion trip booked with the kids. I have a 12, 10, 8 year old girl in need of some puffy warm layers....... Anyone out there have something usable/decent? Did the Costco Down Jackets come this small?

Thanks,

Ed

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: HELP- WTB- KIDS PUFFY on 07/16/2013 17:26:31 MDT Print View

I'm in the same boat; I have a 12 and 9 y/o that I'm buying gear for.

Turns out my 12 y/o is now fitting into smaller adult sizes so I'm buying here one of these in medium:

http://www.backcountry.com/stoic-hadron-down-cardigan-mens?rr=t

It's been trickier for my 9 y/o. Seems like much of the puffy gear for the kids is relatively heavy (lower quality down) or too expensive for something he’ll outgrow in a year so I've been opting for fleece until he's a little bigger.

Good luck

Jason Torres
(burytherails) - F

Locale: Texas
kids puffy on 07/16/2013 18:06:25 MDT Print View

I have a montbell ul thermawrap size xs (not super warm but warm enough for Zion in October)

Let me know if you're interested. Had a small hole in the back that was repaired with tenacious tape in the same color. I'd let it go for super cheap

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Costco on 07/16/2013 18:19:49 MDT Print View

The Costco, I think Tristar.., were small enough for your kids. I don't know if they are still available. I bought two Large sizes, which fit my 5'2" and 108 lbs, the sleeves being a bit on the short side. Very light and warm.
If you don't find anything else I can part with one of mine, the one that is still brand new.

Edward Zwibel
(YetiEddie) - MLife

Locale: Sunny San Diego
Thanks on 07/17/2013 08:36:35 MDT Print View

Thank you Ian, I'm looking into those options. Ideally, I'm looking for some small nano puff or down jackets.... kids sizes or adult small/xsmall stuff..... Kat, thanks for the info... I'll try and source one of those... I really appreciate your offer to sell the new one but I'd like to avoid taking that from ya! Still prowling....

Again, thank you guys.........

Ed