Forum Index » GEAR » brooks range hooded alpini v. patagonia hooded micro puff or other primaloft 100g hooded jacket

Display Avatars Sort By:
Richard Fischel
(RICKO) - F
brooks range hooded alpini v. patagonia hooded micro puff or other primaloft 100g hooded jacket on 07/16/2013 09:02:52 MDT Print View

anybody have experince with the two tops referenced and care to weigh-in on their relative warmth? would like to add the alpini if it can substitute for my micro puff in certain situations. the fill on a medium hooded alpini is just under 8 oz of 800 goose down.

thank you

Edited by RICKO on 07/16/2013 09:12:36 MDT.

michael willkie
(mdwillkie)
alpini down jacket on 07/17/2013 17:17:12 MDT Print View

The alpini comes in around 14 oz for a xlarge , between 7-8 oz of 800+ down and is very very warm. It has a deep center zip and a double zip on each side. I like mine alot.

Andrew Manies
(amanies)

Locale: SF Bay Area
Alpini Mountain Anorak Hoody weight on 07/17/2013 17:25:53 MDT Print View

The newer Alpini hoodies seem to weigh a bit more. I just received one from REI that is about 15 oz in medium. Instead of having velcro closures on the waist, it has snaps (much better in my opinion). It's a very warm jacket – so I can easily imagine it has 7-8 oz of down inside.

I have an older, non-hooded Micro Puff Pullover (circa 2005) that weighs about 15 oz, as well, and is significantly less warm. I don't think the synthetic fill jackets at that weight are going to compare in warmth to the Alpini.

A