Forum Index » GEAR » six moon wild oasis size

Display Avatars Sort By:
Martin Ellenberger
(martellenberger) - M
six moon wild oasis size on 07/13/2013 22:13:06 MDT Print View

Is the tarp big enough for two, or should I look into the heaven. Anyone ever have any issues with bugs, or does the net provide good protection?

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: six moon wild oasis size on 07/13/2013 23:00:33 MDT Print View

Not big enough for two people.

Bugs don't like me because I am a curmudgeon, so I cannot say the net keeps them out..

Don Amundson
(amrowinc) - M

Locale: Southern California
Wild Oasis on 07/14/2013 00:34:40 MDT Print View

I'd have to like someone an awful lot before I'd share space in my Wild Oasis and if I liked them that much we probably wouldn't be sleeping. So to simplify the two person question answer is no.
I've never had a problem with bugs getting under the net skirt. I guess it's possible but I'm sleeping so I probably wouldn't know. Then again I'm at that curmudgeon stage of life like Nick and the bugs may look for tastier meals.
Frankly I thing bugs are over rated. Try cowboy camping and you may get over some of your concerns regarding the crawly things.

Edited by amrowinc on 07/14/2013 00:35:26 MDT.

Martin Ellenberger
(martellenberger) - M
six moons on 07/14/2013 05:12:14 MDT Print View

Thanks for the quick response, its more the wife for the bugs and I didn't want to drop an extra 150 for the net tent on the haven. Do you guys know any other suppliers are six moon weight class and price point? I have searchd and can't really find to many.