1) I am bipedal-walking is efficient and takes me to rarely seen environs.
2) Hiking is adventurous - adventure raises my excitement for life.
3) Hiking/backpacking is arduous - hard work promotes fitness and self esteem.
4) Hiking requires skills, planning, and adaptability - these help me in my day to day life.
5) Hiking is humbling - this keeps me grounded and makes me contemplate.
Hiking/backpacking has given me more joy, fond memories, and taught me more about myself and the complex world I live in than any other activity of my life. Hiking is my bliss.