Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
What to do when encountering buns on the trail
Display Avatars Sort By:
Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
What to do when encountering buns on the trail on 07/11/2013 16:43:56 MDT Print View

Doing a couple of trails in Washington State we came across left over food.
One was a largish packet of dried fruit possibly dropped not long before (we ate it...) then we found some trail bars still wrapped up. We ate those too.

Now what if you found BUNS ?
Would you hesitate in taking a close look ?
How would you know if they are OK or not ?
Are you bun intolerant ?
Do people walk around with concealed buns ?

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: What to do when encountering buns on the trail on 07/11/2013 17:16:07 MDT Print View

Hamburger or hot dog? Seeded or plain?

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: What to do when encountering buns on the trail on 07/11/2013 18:09:17 MDT Print View

Oh I know this one!

Step 1 - scream, cry, and wildly wave arms in air
Step 2 - hyperventilate and whimper "OMGOMGOMG."
Step 3 - call mother and explain that someone left
non organic non farm fresh buns on the trail.
Step 4 - Hazmat team arrives and closes trail "until further notice."
Step 5 - Emergency environmental impact study conducted by three separate private contractors. Budget for study higher than the GDP of every Caribbean nation combined.
Step 6 - Bun and 23 tons of contaminated soil transported to Hanford, Wa to convert into glass block for eventual long term storage in Yucca Mountain.... or not.
Step 7- Washington State sues itself.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: What to do when encountering buns on the trail on 07/11/2013 18:25:57 MDT Print View

"Do people walk around with concealed buns ?"

Yes. unless nude.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
What to do when encountering buns on the trail on 07/11/2013 22:33:49 MDT Print View

Well , I came across some unconcealed buns on a trail here.
Promptly dialled 999 , nothing happened.
Nobody cares in Australia
Mention apathy around here and nobody takes any notice.

Marko Botsaris
(millonas) - F - MLife

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
Re: What to do when encountering buns on the trail on 07/11/2013 22:49:36 MDT Print View

When I read the title I was sure you were talking bare posteriors. Personally I have seen a few in the wilderness, and my reactions have varied between fascination and abject terror, depending on the specimen. However if you run into harry buns, of either the edible or posterior class, you might want to avert you eyes and pass them by.

Bob Bankhead
(wandering_bob) - MLife

Locale: Oregon, USA
What to do when encountering buns on the trail on 07/12/2013 07:19:14 MDT Print View

The answer is so simple: Enjoy the eye candy while it lasts. May you be so lucky as to be able to follow it up that long approach to the pass. You'll hardly notice the climb.

ert

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Re: What to do when encountering buns on the trail on 07/12/2013 19:29:53 MDT Print View

That looks like a lot of chafing...

spelt with a t
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: Re: What to do when encountering buns on the trail on 07/12/2013 19:53:21 MDT Print View

I was cringing at the thought of the sunburn...

Bob Bankhead
(wandering_bob) - MLife

Locale: Oregon, USA
What to do when encountering buns on the trail on 07/12/2013 21:23:24 MDT Print View

Chaffing requires both moisture and friction. Given all the excellent ventilation, that shouldn't be an issue.

Re: sunburnt (aka toasted) buns, note the shading provided by the backpack. The SUL crowd might have a problem with that however. However, the front side of the body is another issue. Strategic (albeit humorous) placement of liberal amounts of zinc oxide ointment should help protect those protruding body part that must not be named.

Edited by wandering_bob on 07/12/2013 21:26:12 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: What to do when encountering buns on the trail on 07/12/2013 21:25:14 MDT Print View

It's the reflected light I'd be worried about.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Re: What to do when encountering buns on the trail on 07/13/2013 10:13:15 MDT Print View

Those people have way too heavy packs!