Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
I am touched; thanks.
Display Avatars Sort By:
Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
I am touched; thanks. on 07/10/2013 12:57:57 MDT Print View

A few days ago I posted interest in a gear swap item, then passed on it; just a little more money than I had in mind.
Today I received a message from the seller asking for my address, as someone had bought it for me, and wished to remain anonymous. I thought it was the usual "suspect" that has gifted many here on BPL with a number of things...so I thanked him, but it was someone else. I have another known-for-his-generosity person in mind, but I don't really know who it was.
To be generous is one thing, to do so anonymously, well, that humbles and inspires and touches me. It is already a beautiful day here and I have been enjoying working in the prettiest fog and then a nice mild sunny morning. This act of kindness makes my day that much sweeter and leaves me with a warmth that is hard for someone with my writing skills to describe.
Thank you. Thanks for the timing too; I was feeling that my many Chaffy posts must be a bit much.
There is more to what I am thinking and feeling but I cannot put it in words. It is good.

Edited, spelling

Edited by Kat_P on 07/10/2013 15:25:49 MDT.

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
nm on 07/10/2013 14:19:46 MDT Print View

nm

Edited by lyrad1 on 07/10/2013 18:33:00 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
I am touched; thanks. on 07/10/2013 16:34:48 MDT Print View

You put out good Karma a lot. It's good to see it come back. It's a great bunch of people here. Thanks to whomever. You made a friend happy. That makes me happy. Awesome!

Peter S (masc. ├╝ber linear logical club)
(prse) - MLife

Locale: Denmark
Wow on 07/10/2013 17:33:57 MDT Print View

Thank you for sharing Kat, this put a big smile on my face. So nice.

Damian Chavez
(DamianC) - F

Locale: Southern California
Too cool! on 01/14/2014 22:56:44 MST Print View

Class act! Setting a great example. Makes me want to be more like the person that did that.

Old thread, but I'm new here and was impressed.