Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
What to do when encountering drunks on the trail
Display Avatars Sort By:
Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Locale: Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
What to do when encountering drunks on the trail on 07/09/2013 12:18:53 MDT Print View

Ok, maybe you don't like wandering around drunk in the wilderness. ** I RESPECT THAT ** BUT !, Why do I have to give up MY hiking experience to save you the 90 minutes out of your whole hike you have me harassing you, just because you don't like aggressive knife toting drunks in the wilderness?

Yes, I agree that I have a big responsibility when being armed and intoxicated, and it's one I take very seriously. Am I perfect? Of course not. But I just can't get over the nastiness some people have over the drinking of far too much liquor on the trail.

It's a medication. Like aspirin, chemotherapy, and antibiotics.... Why can't people understand the medical value of alcohol ? Is it because the smell of bathing in tequila distracts from my message ? Maybe it is the urine stains on my pants and shoes. I think that might be a legitimate point, and I am willing to consider it, WHEN I AM NOT IN THE WILDERNESS !

I don't like wilderness tablets, pack rafts, or people wearing boots that are too hard on the delicate soil, but hey, on trails where they are allowed? oh well, I just have to deal with it, and I DO. *BUT* when people get all up in my business, I find a bottle or two really helps me express myself to the offending puritans and good samaritans.

Horses ? Same thing, a few bottles, and they are not nearly as much of a concern.

Ok. I'm done.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: What to do when encountering drunks on the trail on 07/09/2013 12:36:39 MDT Print View

Easy one. All alcoholic beverages should be banned, period. So many deaths, so much violence- it's the alcohol lobby that keeps this going.

David Olsen
(oware)

Locale: Steptoe Butte
worm on 07/09/2013 13:24:34 MDT Print View

If there is a worm in your tequila, you can be assured it is over 100 proof, as lesser concentrations allow the worm to disintegrate.

For the ultra=lighters out there.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: What to do when encountering drunks on the trail on 07/09/2013 18:43:22 MDT Print View

I worry most about Ninjas. Swords and throwing knives. So quiet also. Scary. I need a drink for bravery.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: What to do when encountering drunks on the trail on 07/09/2013 20:17:31 MDT Print View

"Easy one. All alcoholic beverages should be banned, period. So many deaths, so much violence- it's the alcohol lobby that keeps this going."

I hope you're kidding.

The 21st Amendment to the Constitution is far more dear to my heart than the 2nd. Take my AR-15. Just don't touch my twelve pack.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: Re: What to do when encountering drunks on the trail on 07/09/2013 20:19:57 MDT Print View

But maybe they only want to take our guns away so they can get to the beer....

On second thought, I'm pro 2nd and 21st Amendment.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: What to do when encountering drunks on the trail on 07/09/2013 20:22:12 MDT Print View

Of course I was kidding. I am for legalizing drugs....

Edited to add that I believe we should be able to eat, smoke, drink, sleep with, marry, believe or not.......whatever and whomever we want.

Edited by Kat_P on 07/09/2013 20:25:48 MDT.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: Re: Re: What to do when encountering drunks on the trail on 07/09/2013 20:25:31 MDT Print View

"Of course I was kidding. I am for legalizing drugs....."

Me too, though I have to wonder about the legal ones. Maybe we need to legalize the illegal ones and make the legal ones illegal.

Ever see a teenager on too much of mom's Xanax? Yuck.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What to do when encountering drunks on the trail on 07/09/2013 20:28:50 MDT Print View

"Me too, though I have to wonder about the legal ones. Maybe we need to legalize the illegal ones and make the legal ones illegal."

Or at least not treat treat a drunk or drug addict as someone worse than someone who can afford to get a prescription to "take off the edge".......

Edited for spelling

Edited by Kat_P on 07/11/2013 06:58:15 MDT.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What to do when encountering drunks on the trail on 07/09/2013 20:33:26 MDT Print View

Amen.