Need to rant...
Display Avatars Sort By:
spelt with a t
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: Re: Need to rant... on 07/14/2013 08:51:34 MDT Print View

We are the fattest country in the world already and consistently score lower on most measures of population health than countries with universal healthcare. How much more "financial incentive" do we need to get ourselves healthy, exactly?

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: Re: Need to rant... on 07/14/2013 10:24:22 MDT Print View

It appears the consensus wants obese people to be added to the list of boogeymen tearing down our Our Great Nation one taxpayer dollar at a time.

Never mind the endless wars, a surveillance state, and a crypto-fascist corporate government...undocumented obese queer Muslim welfare queens are what we need to be worrying about.

Wait....I think my neighbor's been acting fishy. And the guy could stand to lose a few pounds. I'm calling the NSA.

spelt with a t
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
no need to involve the authorities on 07/14/2013 11:05:46 MDT Print View

Just pick a fight with him and shoot him. I hear you can get away with that now.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Re: Re: Re: Need to rant... on 07/14/2013 11:15:38 MDT Print View

Just like smoking obesity is caused by sophisticated marketing campaigns by manufacturers. And engineering the product to make it more addictive. And they know it makes people unhealthy but they don't care, just make more money.

Not that people shouldn't take personal responsibility. They certainly suffer the consequences.