Black Rock Gear: Introductory price on new pair of down Gauntlet Mitts
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Black Rock Gear: Introductory price on new pair of down Gauntlet Mitts on 07/04/2013 19:45:39 MDT Print View

Hey All,

woot, just got back from a three day hiking trip - had an awesome time!! Happy Forth for those in the USA.

While I was out hiking I got an email from Black Rock Gear (disclaimer: one of my sponsors) that they have released a new product called Ultralight S-Series Gauntlet Mitt.

Totally off-topic... but wikipedia has a rather interesting bit of history on gauntlets for anybody interested in maybe learning something - I for one learned a new Swedish term, "gatlopp".

I have no idea how much down BRG has stuffed into these, but based on all of my other BRG products, I am going to guess that the $75 bucks for the introductory price is a pretty sweet deal considering the amount of down that is probably shoved inside of this long of a glove.

I did some testing with some of their waterproof siliconized nylon and it impressed me. It is no three-layer material designed for full on rain showers, but handled the typical fog/mist that we get here in the Redwoods perfectly.

Oh, it also looks like the regular BRG hat is also on sale, sweet! I used my BRG nobul hat on the hike I just got back from. Spent one night camped right next to a river and it was nice to slip on for the early morning.

Anyway, waaaay too long of a post just to mention a gear deal LOL