Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Anybody know of a template for the Esbit emergency stove?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Charles Tufankjian
(ctufankjian)

Locale: New Hampshire
Anybody know of a template for the Esbit emergency stove? on 07/04/2013 09:14:29 MDT Print View

I realize that you can buy one for about $5, but that will get steep quick ordering online. I'm wondering if anybody Knows of a template for the Esbit emergency stove, or actually has one they could potentially scan. I've got some extra foil kicking around, and want to make a titanium version... Curious how durable it would be considering that you have to fold/unfold these every use. Such a simple design though that it doesnt require an additional pot stand...I'm fully intrigued

Kevin Beeden
(captain_paranoia) - F

Locale: UK
folding Ti...? on 07/04/2013 12:10:42 MDT Print View

In my experience, you won't get more that a few folds out of Ti foil before it fractures. If you have some Ti foil, experiment with a bit, and see how long it lasts.

As for a template, surely all that's needed is a rectangle the size of a tablet, with two tabs folded up at the ends, and two tabs folded down at the side to act as legs...?

Tom Dowser
(DaFireMedic)

Locale: Southern California
Esbit template on 07/04/2013 15:19:36 MDT Print View

I've never seen any kind of template for the actual Esbit emergency stove.

There is this one here that's more like what Kevin described:
http://briangreen.net/2011/11/titanium-foil-esbit-tray-stove.html

There is a template on .pdf format on the page.

One thing that I did was make an "emergency" Esbit stove similar to the Bushcooker LT Mini:
http://fourdog.com/bushcookerlt-mini-camp-stove/

Just make a windscreen out of Ti foil, roughly 3 1/2" tall. You can open it lay flat when not in use and can burn wood in it if needed.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Esbit template on 07/04/2013 15:22:54 MDT Print View

Thru-hiker has it.

--B.G.--

Charles Tufankjian
(ctufankjian)

Re: Re: Esbit template on 07/05/2013 14:44:55 MDT Print View

Where?

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Esbit template on 07/05/2013 15:14:25 MDT Print View

Charles here is the 0.3 oz Titanium Wingstove,and this is on Esbit Stove Height Vs. Efficiency from thru hiker.

Charles Tufankjian
(ctufankjian)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Esbit template on 07/05/2013 15:52:20 MDT Print View

Oh, yea not really what I was looking for, but excellent info none-the-less!