Forum Index » Gear Deals » Semi-Custom Backpacks

Display Avatars Sort By:
Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Locale: LawsonEquipment.com
Thanks on 07/08/2013 01:10:34 MDT Print View

Thanks for all the compliments and feedback.

This particular pack style does not have a frame but I have many more that do. Some of my designs have just a foam backpanel and some have a foam backpanel, plastic frame sheet, and removable aluminum frame stays.

The packs have a contoured shape cut into the sides of the pack so they fit your back better. The load lifter system is sort of two part. Its helps to compress the pack more while allowing you to adjust how the load feels on your shoulders.

As far as customization goes. I am still thinking about this. I want to be able to offer a product that is unique to the customer while being able to produce it in a very short amount of time. I am thinking kind of like how Timbuk2 does their bags.

Joe S
(ThreeRidges) - M
go for it on 07/08/2013 06:40:59 MDT Print View

I'm tall and have not found a mid-priced pack that deals with long torso folks (21.5) well without dropping $$$. I've ordered products from you in the past and have faith in your quality, so I'd be all over this if you pulled the trigger.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F - M

Locale: Oregon
You Can Do It, Lawson! on 07/08/2013 10:13:57 MDT Print View

+1 on the multi-cam. C'mon , Lawson...we're all rooting for you and will buy AT LEAST what you produce.

Matt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwv61Uu1fdA

tyler marlow
(like.sisyphus) - F

Locale: Southeast
custom options on 07/08/2013 17:16:50 MDT Print View

I'd like to see options for water bottle, kangaroo, and interior stash pockets pockets.

Maybe a beavertail option

Removable lid

Removable frame

Hipbelt options

Edward Zwibel
(YetiEddie) - MLife

Locale: Sunny San Diego
I'd have to try one! on 07/11/2013 14:12:29 MDT Print View

Looking forward to seeing.....

Peter Longobardi
(paintplongo) - F

Locale: Hopefully on the Trail
Price? on 07/11/2013 19:48:21 MDT Print View

Best advice on pricing is price the pack out at cost and then markup to retail. Might sound simple and logically, but hitting price points is the way the large, mass production companies built products typically. If you need to price at $180, don't let a couple of people telling you, $130 or it won't sell, scare you away from bringing these to market if you feel you're created a great product that has it's place in the category. Wow...run on sentence there at the end.