Subscribe Forums Newsletter Facebook Twitter
The Politics of Cottage Consumption
Display Avatars Sort By:
Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Trace on 07/06/2013 14:25:37 MDT Print View

Ugh.
Is this really going to get ugly and personal, including the kids?
Can we rewind ?

Ed Biermann
(longstride) - F
Re: I don't really like this on 07/06/2013 14:33:54 MDT Print View

I'm lost. I don't care. You two should just get a room and get it over with. Grow up. Now back to whatever else was going on here.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: Trace on 07/06/2013 14:35:36 MDT Print View

It's okay Kat - he is wrong on the family type anyway.

Dan, it really doesn't matter if someone says your packs are great for something specific (which I did) because you will always find an issue with that. Your packs are to be the best for everything. Of course, we know that is not possible because people are individuals and want different things from their gear, not to mention at specific price points. In addition, innovation is remarkably individualistic. You say you created the daisy chain (I refuse to bring that thread up so do a search) and now the bottom volume reducers that Golite and MLD have used successfully. Fine. I thought you had adopted it from them supported by your comment to me that they were 'new.' And what is so wrong about that? Adoption. Adopting ideas makes innovation that much more effective.

But your approach has been, and will continue to be, ATTACK, ATTACK, EDIT, ATTACK, EDIT. It gets tiring.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Re: Trace on 07/06/2013 14:35:58 MDT Print View

"Nice try. I can't change that."

At least the name in parentheses is constant so there is a chance to find my way out of the confusion.

I think mostly personal attacks should just be ignored, characteristic of the internets.

I can understand Dan defending himself when people are critical of his packs because that's his livelihood.

dan mchale
(wildlife) - MLife

Locale: Cascadia
relevent on 07/06/2013 14:37:16 MDT Print View

This is just about the people like David Ure that make the internet less valuable than it otherwise might be.

I never claimed to invented the daisy chain, and I am not editing in a way that changes things, like adding this sentence to and existing sentence or fixing spelling etc. What you did at trailspace was basically say my pack wasn't working for you while you were CWF but under other names you said otherwise. You hadn't even told me you had an issues with it. I caught you at it is all. When you changed the name to Family guy recently, it changed the context of what was there under another name.

David Ure said,

" You say you created the daisy chain (I refuse to bring that thread up so do a search)"

He says something like that and can't back it up and doesn't even try. Who is he telling to do a search? Is it for me to do or a reader? How about the guy claiming what I said doing the search?

Edited by wildlife on 07/07/2013 17:01:00 MDT.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Re: Re: Re: Trace on 07/06/2013 14:38:20 MDT Print View

Indeed, Jerry. But no where were his packs criticized on this thread.

CWF? Last straw...grasped. ; )

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trace on 07/06/2013 14:47:55 MDT Print View

"I never claimed to invent the daisy chain, and I am not editing in a way that changes things, like adding this sentence to and existing sentence."

That isn't what the PM's are telling me.

"What you did at trailspace was basically say my pack wasn't working for you while you were CWF but under other names you said otherwise. I caught you at it is all."

Caught me at what? You are correct. It didn't work for me. However, your packs do work for some. So any of my comments post that pack have been positive. General, but positive. I let other's make up their minds.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trace on 07/06/2013 14:51:50 MDT Print View

"But no where were his packs criticized on this thread."

I was just speaking in general

I agree, one pack can not be best for all applications. Saying that shouldn't be considered unfair criticism.

Tanner M
(Tan68)
Re: repugnant on 07/06/2013 15:17:46 MDT Print View

What is pot roast. I will admit I find this thread confusing. I didn't really understand the pot roast thread.

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: serial on 07/06/2013 15:30:46 MDT Print View

Dan and David,

This thread had only cemented my prior thoughts - hiking with both of you would be a hoot. Seriously, no sarcasm intended. Let's set it up.

Tanner M
(Tan68)
Re: Re: Re: serial on 07/06/2013 15:46:28 MDT Print View

I figure you wouldn't press to be up front.

PS - I know SuperGreen. What is ViolentGreen ?

Edited by Tan68 on 07/06/2013 15:48:45 MDT.

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: Re: Re: serial on 07/06/2013 16:03:24 MDT Print View

Tanner,

Violent green is part of a lyric of an REM song from back in the early 90's. It used to get stuck in my head all the time. Jim SubZero was asking me this the other day, maybe he will chime in with his recollection of that phrase.

Ryan

Tanner M
(Tan68)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: serial on 07/06/2013 16:30:24 MDT Print View

I like REM. I imagine I have heard the song but don't remember hearing the words. They seem to like colors in their lyrics. At least as much if not more than other bands.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Dan and Dave on 07/06/2013 16:32:22 MDT Print View

Guys, tone it down a bit please on these main forum streams. If you want to have a go at each other, please use Chaff instead.

Cheers
Roger Caffin
Online Community Monitor
Backpacking Light

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: serial on 07/06/2013 16:35:44 MDT Print View

"Violent green is part of a lyric of an REM song from back in the early 90's."

""What's the frequency, Kenneth?" is your Benzedrine, uh-huh
Butterfly decal, rear-view mirror, dogging the scene
You smile like the cartoon, tooth for a tooth
You said that irony was the shackles of youth
You wore a shirt of violent green, uh-huh
I never understood the frequency, uh-huh"

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Dan and Dave on 07/06/2013 16:38:23 MDT Print View

If you want to have a go at each other

Tanner M
(Tan68)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: serial on 07/06/2013 16:45:01 MDT Print View

Oh, I know that song. I typically get most lyrics. Sometimes. I can't tell you what I thought 'Off to never, never land' was... Sometimes, I mishear things.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: serial on 07/06/2013 16:52:16 MDT Print View

Here I thought yo'all were talking about something to eat. Must be Soylent Green.

dan mchale
(wildlife) - MLife

Locale: Cascadia
potroast on 07/06/2013 17:02:46 MDT Print View

" What is pot roast. "

Pot roast is generally used as a filler in deleted posts. It distracts the readers enough with thoughts of holiday and family that they don't miss what was previously there in its place. What happens is a little like what happens in the Deja Vu experience; the current reality is basically replaced by a fantasy experience in the mind of the person experiencing Deja Vu. That's the most succinctly I ever said that! It was the theme of a paper I did in school.

Good to see you Nick!

Edit; the Deja Vu thing is a bit more complicated than just that, but it is an unconscious dream state that sets it in motion. I surmised that it is when somebody imagines something they have imagined before that creates the state of familiarity, and this overlays the actual reality when the person pops back into reality.

Edited by wildlife on 07/06/2013 17:24:03 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: serial on 07/06/2013 17:10:27 MDT Print View

Soylent Green

That's what I was thinking

We must be old farts

A local restaurant has a dish called "soylent green" because it has soy in it. Forget about it - I will not touch that stuff.