Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Backpack Problem
Display Avatars Sort By:
Sean Fletcher
(Risen19)
Backpack Problem on 07/01/2013 21:12:15 MDT Print View

I've been having this problem for a while regarding the Golite Jam. I ordered the 2012 model last year in a size L. My torso is 20" and according to their chart that should fit me.
However, Every time I wear it the backpack sags a little too low and the hip belt has to be tightened all the way for it to fit snugly. I can't tighten it any more.
Has anybody else had a problem with Golite's sizing? Would it be worth investing in a size medium even though they claim that I would fit a large?

Thanks in advance!

Sean

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Backpack Problem on 07/01/2013 21:27:28 MDT Print View

I would call Golite and discuss.

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Backpack Problem on 07/01/2013 22:46:10 MDT Print View

I'm not sure a medium is what you want. With a 20 inch torso the medium is probably going to be too short. So even if the hipbelt fits the torso will be too short and you'll have most of the weight on your shoulders.

You aren't the only one who's had that complaint about the newer Jams. If you're handy with a sewing machine you could probably mod it and make it work.

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: Backpack Problem on 07/01/2013 23:04:49 MDT Print View

I don't know golite and I'm at the bar so take it for what its worth- maybe as a frameless pack its collapsing and feeling short

David Chenault
(DaveC) - BPL Staff - F

Locale: Crown of the Continent
re: 2012 Jam on 07/02/2013 07:43:32 MDT Print View

Sean, I would not go with a medium. The large 2012 Jam is a bit short for a 20" torso, a medium will be unusable.

If you need another inch or so of tightening in the belt, you can sew one side of the buckle fixed a few inches in on the hipbelt.