sturdy but lightweight lid for snow peak trek titanium bowl
Display Avatars Sort By:
Adam Cassis
(acassis) - F

Locale: SoCal
sturdy but lightweight lid for snow peak trek titanium bowl on 07/01/2013 09:45:16 MDT Print View

i need a sturdy option for my snow peak trek titanium bowl. i made one out of an aluminum serving tray, but its slightly too flimsy, but also has a few too many sharp edges, desipte my best efforts to fold them down, etc. any ideas on what materials to use and what design works best?
thanks!
AC

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: sturdy but lightweight lid for snow peak trek titanium bowl on 07/01/2013 10:10:30 MDT Print View

I have the same bowl. I made a lid out of three layers of heavy duty aluminum foil, all pressed together and with the edge crimped. It is flexible, so it can be folded to stuff for transport.

--B.G.--

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: sturdy but lightweight lid for snow peak trek titanium bowl on 07/01/2013 11:10:50 MDT Print View

I took mine to the grocery store with no luck. Bob's layered foil is cheap, light and easy-- all you want to do is keep the heat in and the bug out.

A lid from a Panda Express take-out bowl fits very tight-- too tight for cooking, but great for storing in you pack with stuff inside. It has a vent hole that can be taped over/plugged. I wouldn't trust it for wet/sticky stuff.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Re: sturdy but lightweight lid for snow peak trek titanium bowl on 07/01/2013 11:18:29 MDT Print View

"all you want to do is keep the heat in and the bug out. "

Dale, you have it all wrong.

You want to keep the bugs IN. That's for extra protein.

--B.G.--

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
sturdy but lightweight lid for snow peak trek titanium bowl on 07/01/2013 13:52:59 MDT Print View

Four Dog Stoves makes aftermarket lids, including one for the Ti Bowl at $16.00. That's more than a plastic lid from the grocery store but the fit should be good.

http://fourdog.com/snow-peak-titanium-lids/

michael levi
(M.L) - F

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles
re on 07/03/2013 16:37:23 MDT Print View

Titanium foil that tigoat sells, and a cork for a handle if you want.

I wouldnt want plastic, or alum foil, those just arent durable enough.

Charles Tufankjian
(ctufankjian)

Locale: New Hampshire
Re: re on 07/04/2013 09:05:52 MDT Print View

I used the titanium goat foil for mine, and it's super durable, and dead sexy...cuz its ti