REI Flash Pad (made by Exped?) on sale for $75
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
REI Flash Pad (made by Exped?) on sale for $75 on 06/24/2013 21:02:55 MDT Print View

I purchased this pad a couple weeks ago and so far have been really impressed with it. The material feels sturdier than the Exped UL Synmat 7. The weight is nearly the same (1lb 1oz regular size on my scale with unaltered stuff sack), has a 3.2 R value (primaloft insulation), and uses the same valves as Exped. Fortunately this means I can use the Schnozzle bag with it.

REI manager I spoke with wasn't sure but believes that Exped makes this pad for REI.

Well worth a look for something on sale for 1/2 the cost of the synmat.

http://www.rei.com/product/845300/rei-flash-insulated-air-sleeping-pad

.flash

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: REI Flash Pad (made by Exped?) on sale for $75 on 06/24/2013 21:06:22 MDT Print View

Flip flop on couch in accordance with Feng Shui to channel the Chi towards my gear.

Clayton Mauritzen
(GlacierRambler) - F - M

Locale: NW Montana
Re: Re: REI Flash Pad (made by Exped?) on sale for $75 on 06/26/2013 11:36:45 MDT Print View

REI lists this as a 30 denier fabric vs. the Exped's 20 denier.

This is really interesting. For that price, I'd be willing to cut it down to to torso length and reseal it. That is, if I weren't so happy with the pad I have already.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
REI Flash Pad (made by Exped?) on sale for $75 on 06/26/2013 20:31:38 MDT Print View

I have never seen a mummy mat from Exped.
Looks more like a big Agnes or maybe POE mat to me.
(POE usually have 6 chambers BA also have 8)

Adam Kramer
(rbeard) - F

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia
Re: REI Flash Pad (made by Exped?) on sale for $75 on 06/27/2013 07:10:50 MDT Print View

POE side baffles to keep you on the mat, exped nozzles. sounds great.

Daniel Russell
(Superfluous_Grizzly)

Locale: Creation
pad on 07/03/2013 09:15:37 MDT Print View

Anyone unboxed this and feel like commenting?

Josh Garst
(BoshyTime) - M
Re: pad on 07/03/2013 18:19:10 MDT Print View

I tested if out at in my house a few nights. It's a fairly comfortable pad, but it wasnt wide enough at the feet for me. I toss and turn a bit and my feet kept sliding off the pad.

Daniel Russell
(Superfluous_Grizzly)

Locale: Creation
slippage on 07/03/2013 22:21:54 MDT Print View

Thanks josh. That is what I was worried about!