NeoAir XTherm
Display Avatars Sort By:
Raymond Estrella
(rayestrella) - MLife

Locale: Northern Minnesota
NeoAir XTherm on 06/20/2013 04:16:29 MDT Print View

I finally got around to writing up the XTherm. Read about it here:

http://tinyurl.com/pakpl2p

I really think this may be a do-all pad for many folks.

Peter S (masc. ├╝ber linear logical club)
(prse) - MLife

Locale: Denmark
Thanks on 06/20/2013 23:36:35 MDT Print View

Thank you Ray, great review as always!

I'm very tempted to get the XTherm myself for a do-it-all-pad, instead of my XLite, as i sometime can get a little chilly at the bum-region...when temperatures drop below freezing.

George Davis
(nsiderbam) - F - M

Locale: mid-Atlantic
xtherm on 06/21/2013 02:02:18 MDT Print View

I absolutely love my xtherm! My only regret is getting the medium size instead of the regular size...it's just a few inches short for me and I have to contort to stay completely on the pad.

Clayton Mauritzen
(GlacierRambler) - F - M

Locale: NW Montana
Re: Thanks on 06/21/2013 09:56:34 MDT Print View

I sold my XLite last year after getting in an XTherm in the crazy Eddie Bauer Black Friday sale.

It is now my only pad for year-round use. With the more durable bottom, I don't worry about durability and I leave the 1/8" CCF at home.

Simpler, warmer, more durable, and even lighter than the XLite plus CCF. I really love this thing.

Also, great review Ray.

Edited by GlacierRambler on 06/21/2013 09:58:39 MDT.

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
NeoAir XTherm on 06/21/2013 11:18:04 MDT Print View

I picked up a regular during the REI sale, it has replaced my heavy Exped DAM9, plus will be less bulky, saving both weight and space in the pack. I'll still use a GG Nightlite pad as backup on winter trips. If the regular is too short, I can place my GG sitpad under me also as planned. I have yet to use it, as it was purchased at the end of the snow camping season, even though temps remained cool afterwards.
Duane