Forum Index » Chaff » what to do when encountering guns on the trail

Display Avatars Sort By:
spelt !
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail on 07/15/2013 10:57:38 MDT Print View

Kat, my ex was also a non-citizen but that didn't stop her from having an opinion, which was philosophically consistent with her party affiliation and absentee voting for back home. I have never gotten the impression you were a right-winger, btw, but you also seem too smart not to know what Ken's referring to wrt right-wing views on race and gender and I feel like maybe you're pushing back just for the sake of pushing back. I don't like extremism either, but I don't see making a value judgement as anywhere near equivalent to the sort of polarization you don't want to commit. Agreeing that an extremist is on the right side of an issue doesn't make you yourself an extremist.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail on 07/15/2013 11:11:44 MDT Print View

Spelt, I have plenty of opinions and if you ask me about an issue I will give you one, no problem. The way the issues are split among party lines in this country, is a farce to me and whatever affiliation I may have had back home, does not translate well into this system. What is so hard to understand about that?
Ken made very little sense to me as a whole in this thread. Yes, I get that women, gays and non whites vote democratic and I understand why.
Yes, agreeing that an extremist is on the right side of an issue does not make you an extremist- now apply that both ways. I dared side with an extremist here and got dismissed, accused, warned and chastised.
I have tried hard to not engage in an offensive way and hopefully get some of more temperate posters back into the conversation, but once threads get like this people just want to stay away. I blame a couple people for that.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail on 07/15/2013 11:27:37 MDT Print View

I really wasn't going to join back in, but I'll just add this little bit....

"Yes, I get that women, gays and non whites vote democratic and I understand why."

Here's where we get into a bit of trouble. Women, gays and non whites also vote republican. Of course, this is where some folks like to chime in with "they're voting against their best interests!".

Here's the problem with that, everyone has their own value system - deciding what's important to them and what's not so important. These days there seems to be little effort on either side to understand the other - just bombastic assertions 'voting against interests' or 'ruining America,' as if 'your' values are obviously correct and only an idiot, or worse, would think otherwise. This type of thinking fails us all.

From what I keep reading in Kat's posts, that's part of what she's trying to convey. It's not that she's sitting on a fence, she's just trying to stay out of the mud. Good on her.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail on 07/16/2013 17:39:27 MDT Print View

Ohhhhh offensive language Moui??? Go back and read if you are implying that it is me. As I do not use foul language here. I know the rules. Maybe in my personal life I do.....ohhhh what a bummer, I better call out a plummer. Secondly Kat, it takes two to tango, No? There are instances from others on here, that my diatribes were NOT directed to. that were indeed offensive towards me too.....and purposely done BTW. Where do you stand on the fence on that then? Because clearly, you are glossing over. No worries, I am a big boy.

Again....I will be more direct this time. IF.....YOU.....ARE....A.....WOMAN....GAY.....NON WHITE.....OR THE WEALTHY....WHY....IN THE WORLD.....WOULD....YOU....VOTE.....FOR....THE GOP. They want to take away any rights you have. Just look at abortion, food stamps, our environment.....we can go on and on and on and on.

Disclaimer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO party is perfect, far from. But if I were playing political poker, I would shove all my chips to the table with the DNC. I am not naive in the notion that this is black and white....a lot of gray is necessary. Get off your high horse.

AGAIN, I am right, and really do not care. Carry on.

And Kat, just because you cannot vote here, you can and surely align yourself with a politcal party. That or you are apathetic. The way you sound, seems to me that you are aligning yourself as a Libertarian and I struck a nerve. Freethinking??? My a**

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail on 07/16/2013 17:42:22 MDT Print View

and Doug, clearly others do vote for a political party as you stated above. You know, where it may seem that they are voting against their "principles" per se. But the GOP has an agenda, and will die trying

Ian Destroyer of Forums
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail on 07/16/2013 17:43:08 MDT Print View

"Ohhhhh offensive ... blah blah ... My a**"

That was lovely.

Edit to add:

"Again....I will be more direct this time. IF.....YOU.....ARE....A.....WOMAN....GAY.....NON WHITE.....OR THE WEALTHY....WHY....IN THE WORLD.....WOULD....YOU....VOTE.....FOR....THE GOP. They want to take away any rights you have. Just look at abortion, food stamps, our environment.....we can go on and on and on and on."

Abortion.... not going there.

Food stamps... I'm happy that there's a safety net but both parties need to focus on jobs. Food stamps should be a hand up not a hand out.

Gay rights... will be a non issue in the very near future regardless of what the opposition wants.

Wealthy? Common perception is that the GOP is tax friendlier to the wealthy so I'm not sure why you threw that in there.

Political independents, not kool aid drinkers, decide who our elected officials will be.

Edited by IDBLOOM on 07/16/2013 18:00:42 MDT.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail on 07/16/2013 17:51:26 MDT Print View

Thanks Ian! I did too!

and now for playing fair!

Who does not think that this is paranoid and delusional. Teachers arming themselves to protect their students. Open carry laws with the purpose of protecting your person as well as stopping crime. That the fact of carrying a weapon ie CCW will stop crime. That the Government is going to take your guns away. Oohh hey, they are buying up the ammo so that an insurrection will not happen. The proliferation of militias to protect citizens from the tyranny of our Govt.

Explain how our Govt. is being tyrannical? I am curious. And when you do, please look up the word tyranny before writing. Racism? The Teaparty is not???? Please explain that.

Now I am going to go and get my popcorn, sip some water and sit back and watch the silly

Edited by kennyhel77 on 07/16/2013 17:55:28 MDT.

Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Locale: Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
awesome on 07/16/2013 18:23:56 MDT Print View

Thanks for that eloquent rehashing of Helwigian philosophy.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: awesome on 07/16/2013 18:54:26 MDT Print View

and thanks for demeaning a member Gross Bob. Your username is quite catchy! Geez Cameron, how old are you?

Coming from you, who does not share anything here but barbs, cut downs, and Pius put downs, I don't expect less. Keep up your single life, god knows most women don't find your type attractive spicolli

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: awesome on 07/16/2013 18:56:53 MDT Print View

Popcorn is done. What I miss? It's so Chaffy in here. Should I close a window?

get it?

I love puns.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: awesome on 07/16/2013 19:02:32 MDT Print View

another one! Yea they all come out!

The tri-fecta of watch dogs here.....

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: awesome on 07/16/2013 19:07:51 MDT Print View

Apart from this thread Ken, how have you been? I won't touch the political talk here. Apathy, I'll admit that.

I had to see what was going on here.

Wonder if this thread will make 20 pages tonight,

watch dog? what's with that. I thought we made up.

Edited by kthompson on 07/16/2013 19:10:21 MDT.

doug thomas
(sparky52804) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Iowa
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail on 07/16/2013 19:07:59 MDT Print View

Ken, apparently you didn't read my post about 10 pages back when I gave you about a paragraph and a half of examples of how the government was being tyrannical.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail on 07/16/2013 19:12:56 MDT Print View

Ohhhh crap, I don't care Doug. That is your delusional opinion. Go march on DC with a gun son. More power to you! Where does your family need to pick up your body parts at???

doug thomas
(sparky52804) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Iowa
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail on 07/16/2013 19:17:45 MDT Print View

If you don't care why did you ask? I do have to admit, you are good at stirring up the crap, better than a industrial mixer in fact.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail on 07/16/2013 19:37:45 MDT Print View

touche' Doug

I will re visit this tomorrow.

Ken, same as. No Hostility....trust me, and thank you for asking

Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Better reading on 07/16/2013 20:55:19 MDT Print View

I will be more direct this time. YOU.....ARE....A.....WOMAN....GAY.....NON WHITE.....

THE WEALTHY...IN THE WORLD...VOTE.....FOR....THE GOP.

--
fixed that for you.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Better reading on 07/17/2013 07:00:52 MDT Print View

ahhhhh global politics! Way to go Cameron....so I guess you run around Oak Town dressed in black with a black scarf over your face smashing windows like your brethren? Damn G8!

Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

what to do when encountering guns on the trail on 07/17/2013 18:43:51 MDT Print View

Sorry, I had thought you were enraged when writing and mistyped. I was trying to distill down the essential core of your teachings.

I appologize for getting the ultimate meaning wrong.

Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

what to do when encountering guns on the trail on 07/23/2013 19:37:36 MDT Print View

Ahhhhhhh Zimmerman not guilty !!!!!!!
MORTAL KOMBAT !