Forum Index » Chaff » what to do when encountering guns on the trail

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: look at the boots on those gals on 06/29/2013 09:29:07 MDT Print View

"So each model would need to gain about 75 lbs and have a Marlboro light cigarette in the other hand to truly represent my observations on my hunting friends and family ( ... and hoping this doesn't pop up on google search under my name)"

Need that Real Tree hoody too. And some Uggs for camp. Ugh.

Up here it is probably closer to 100 pounds. Never lived anywhere with so many overweight people.

Edit: Where is Travis?

Edited by kthompson on 06/29/2013 09:45:23 MDT.

Tim Zen
(asdzxc57) - F

Locale: MI
Re: Re: What to do when encountering guns on the trail on 06/29/2013 10:11:56 MDT Print View

"The tattoo adds nothing'

It helps Craig aim. He needs a target.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: What to do on 06/29/2013 10:14:51 MDT Print View

I love how nothing gets missed in these threads.

Tim Zen
(asdzxc57) - F

Re: Re: look at the boots on those gals on 06/29/2013 10:17:26 MDT Print View

"Up here it is probably closer to 100 pounds. Never lived anywhere with so many overweight people."

I think MI beats CA in fat any day of the week.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: look at those gals on 06/29/2013 10:34:23 MDT Print View

"I think MI beats CA in fat any day of the week."

Humboldt is unlike the rest of CA in this respect. Stoners, rainy, low income, cheap grass fed beef, cookies. So different than SoCal.

Haven't been back east in a decade or so, but yeah fat is everywhere.

Tons of guns here too. See plenty people packing on the trails. Never heard a retort outside of hunting season.

Camo is fashion year round here too. Classy.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
uptight, homophobic, racist on 06/29/2013 11:02:01 MDT Print View

Ken Helwig said:
"ps.....I am glad to be a liberal...beats the hell out of being some uptight, homophobic, racist, conservative any day of the week"

This really made me laugh hard, Ken. My best friend is a black conservative and my assistant at work is a gay man with aids (yeah, I hired him...strictly based on his ABILITY, not some quota or affirmative action). LOL Nice try. You did get the conservative part right,though.LOL

Edited by bigfoot2 on 06/29/2013 11:10:30 MDT.

Ian Van Halen
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: uptight, homophobic, racist on 06/29/2013 11:18:52 MDT Print View

You can always tell someone is going to drop some knowledge when they call you an uptight, homophobic, racist, conservative.

Edited by IDBLOOM on 06/29/2013 11:27:19 MDT.

Tim Zen
(asdzxc57) - F

Re: What to do when encountering guns on the trail on 06/29/2013 12:27:58 MDT Print View

One last comment on the photo. Nice farmer tan on the one on the right.

Bob Bankhead
(wandering_bob) - MLife

Locale: Oregon, USA
What to do when encountering guns on the trail on 06/29/2013 14:28:50 MDT Print View

SEE? Its working.

No one noticed the guns; probably never even saw them in the first place. The eye is drawn elsewhere immediately.

The solution is obvious: firearm-toting persons must hike naked from the knees up to the forehead. This allows for some level of protection at each end.

Problem solved.

Onward, to the next topic.

Mark Ries
(mtmnmark) - M

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
a bird in the hand is worth on 06/29/2013 14:40:07 MDT Print View

Tim so you have a different point of veiw

Dean L
(AldoLeopold) - F

Locale: Great Lakes
Re: Re: Re: Re: look at the boots on those gals on 06/29/2013 15:54:51 MDT Print View

Can you provide a link for "this administration has charged more would-be whistleblowers with violating state secrecy laws than all previous administrations combined".

Thank You

Aldo

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Racist homophobes on 06/29/2013 16:41:44 MDT Print View

Just because your best friend is a black conservative and your assistant is gay doesn't at all mean you aren't a conservative racist homophobic nutter.

Not sure how those are at all related....

spelt the enigmatic
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: Racist homophobes on 06/29/2013 19:53:20 MDT Print View

Black friend, gay coworker, Hitler-bama, keep going, I almost have bingo.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

(Sigh) ...racist...yeah, sure.... on 06/29/2013 22:23:11 MDT Print View

Jennifer said : "Just because your best friend is a black conservative and your assistant is gay doesn't at all mean you aren't a conservative racist homophobic nutter.

Not sure how those are at all related...."

Good lord, if that does not prove i'm not a racist or homophobe, what will? Seriously, are you people for real?? Where do you get these ideas? If I used your logic, I must absolutely HATE dogs, because I own one. LOL. Normally, I would just shrug it off when someone says that the first thing a Liberal does is attack you for being a racist when you criticize the President (or ANY black person you happen not to agree with, for that matter), but it looks like that is exactly what is going on here. Is your argument really that weak that you feel you must accuse people who have different views of being a racist in order to win it? Jennifer, you must realize you just proved the point I was making all along, right?

t

r

Edited by bigfoot2 on 06/29/2013 22:27:03 MDT.

spelt the enigmatic
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: (Sigh) ...racist...yeah, sure.... on 06/29/2013 22:30:24 MDT Print View

Good lord, if that does not prove i'm not a racist or homophobe, what will?

Look, I am going to bed b/c I have a packrafting float planned for tomorrow, so I apologize that this is a hit and run. But if you think this is how it works, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what racism is.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

(Sigh) ...racist...yeah, sure....Part Two. on 06/29/2013 22:45:18 MDT Print View

Spelt !:
"Look, I am going to bed b/c I have a packrafting float planned for tomorrow, so I apologize that this is a hit and run. But if you think this is how it works, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what racism is."

You mean because I value people based on ability and work ethic rather than by the color of their skin or sexual orientation? Then yes, I have an extremely good grasp of the meaning. I believe it's you who are actually being racist by "labeling" people by skin color or sexual orientation. The Democrat party has actually been holding minorities down by keeping them dependent on the government. My buddy (yeah, the black guy--I don't see any color anymore, I just consider him my buddy), sent me this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi_KaZ53eDg

By the way...with the new influx of 11million new "citizens" that we will be having here soon, take a good look at me, because I am going to be considered a minority, now. If you value people that way and must put a label on me, that is.

Edited by bigfoot2 on 06/29/2013 23:01:00 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: What to do? on 06/29/2013 23:03:24 MDT Print View

Can we get religion in here somehow?

"A well rounded Chaff is best."
-Jesus

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

(Sigh) ...racist...yeah, sure.... on 06/29/2013 23:12:21 MDT Print View

Good one, Ken. Maybe we should all lighten up.

Black White Supremacist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exNWAvlNYdM

M

Edited by bigfoot2 on 06/29/2013 23:19:16 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: What's with this? on 06/29/2013 23:17:29 MDT Print View

This is an automated message to notify you of a new PM from
bigfoot2 at Backpackinglight.com's Forums.

To respond to this PM, login at backpackinglight.com and then visit the following URL:

Message From User Follows:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, Ken,
If you are ever in Oregon, consider yourself invited to hike with me anytime. I''l bring my tiny pistol and you can bring your rapier whit...it will be...fun.

Sincerely,
Matt Perry

PS--I'm serious.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think Matthew means wit not whit? Or is he going for another word that means tiny? Should I be insulted? My rapier shouldn't even enter the discussion. I'm puzzled.

Discuss.

dufus

Edited by kthompson on 06/29/2013 23:23:17 MDT.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

(Sigh) ...racist...yeah, sure.... on 06/29/2013 23:21:49 MDT Print View

Just trying to be nice, Ken. Some us here still try to do that occasionally. You should try it sometime.
I was saying that we could go on a hike. I noticed you are not too far away and Oregon is beautiful, there are lots of good spots. You might just make a friend. Unless you think conservatism is catchy (I wish).

M
(You should be glad I didn't say RAPIST wit...thank God for spell check..when I use it, that is)

Edited by bigfoot2 on 06/30/2013 00:17:53 MDT.