November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Looking for Synthetic Quilt from Cottage Industry
Display Avatars Sort By:
John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
Looking for Synthetic Quilt from Cottage Industry on 06/17/2013 11:52:03 MDT Print View

I know Tim makes the Prodigy and ProdigyX quilts and their both great bags. What are my other 'quilt' options? Looking for a range around 30F.

Mary D
(hikinggranny) - MLife
Looking for Synthetic Quilt from Cottage Industry on 06/17/2013 11:59:58 MDT Print View

Mountain Laurel Designs

Ian B.

Locale: PNW
Arrowhead on 06/17/2013 12:03:41 MDT Print View

Their website is kludgy and I can't find their synthetic quilt on it at the moment. I'm sure the link is staring me in the face and soon as I hit "post message" I'll see it.

I looked at a couple of their synth quilts a year or so ago but found some weight discrepancies which I could not de conflict between what was advertised and what a couple members were posting (much higher weights) on Hammock Forums. I got a sense that the members are not as weight conscious over there and it was completely possible that it was an error on the HF member's part and not Kick @$$ Quilts.

Stevie Patrick

Locale: Adirondacks
MLD Spirit Quilt on 06/17/2013 13:06:58 MDT Print View

I have a Mountain Laurel Designs Spirt Quilt with a 28 degree rating, I liked it so much that I have a 48 degree on order now.