Forum Index » GEAR » Sierra Designs Cloud Rainpants

Display Avatars Sort By:
Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Tennessee
Sierra Designs Cloud Rainpants on 06/17/2013 06:27:38 MDT Print View

I am looking for a replacement for a pair of Golite Reeds, does anyone have any experiance with the Cloud rainpants from Sierra Designs? I was almost set on the Montaine Minimus but these are half the price and lighter.

janos mathiesen
(janosm) - F

Locale: phinney ridge
what size? on 06/17/2013 09:52:35 MDT Print View

If you are interested I have a pair of brand new never been worn (inside th house to try them on...) pair of golite Reeds. They are an XL.

Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Tennessee
Re: what size? on 06/17/2013 10:59:07 MDT Print View

Thank you for your offer but I would need a medium or a small.

David Affleck
(UtCoyote)
Just got them, so no experience yet... on 06/17/2013 12:40:21 MDT Print View

No experience with them yet, other than trying them on. But I did just get a pair of the SD rainpaints to replace my Reeds - for the sake of saving 3 oz., not because my Reeds were worn.

Rainpaints are very much a "just in case" item for me. Rarely actually get worn, but just enough chance they might be needed that I usually take them. And they are the only pants I take besides the ones I'm wearing. These SD seem to fit that bill better by simple virtue of weighing less and I see no reason they won't work just as well when actually used.

- Dave

Peter Bakwin
(pbakwin) - F
Cloud Airshell on 06/17/2013 14:59:39 MDT Print View

I don't have the pants, but I do have the jacket (SD Cloud Airshell). I've used it in moderate rain. It seems to function like a pretty waterproof wind shell. Not as waterproof as a regular rain shell, maybe not quite as breathable as a real wind shell. Remains to be seen how durable it will be.