Forum Index » GEAR » Lightest pack that can hold a horizontal bear canister?

Display Avatars Sort By:
A B
(ahatch)
Lightest pack that can hold a horizontal bear canister? on 06/14/2013 15:49:27 MDT Print View

First post. I've been in the market for a new pack for the last few months, and I haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for. Does anybody know what the lightest pack on the market is that can hold a Bearikade Weekender horizontally? I'd prefer to go cuben, but really as long as it is light and can hold the canister horizontally I will be happy.

Josh Brock
(needsAbath)

Locale: Outside
HMG Porter 4400 on 06/14/2013 15:58:07 MDT Print View

I bet that pack would hold it just fine!! maybe some one can confirm....

10% off use the cupon code SPRING2013 if purchased before the end of the month

Note: I am not affiliated with HMG in any way.

Marko Botsaris
(millonas) - F - MLife

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
Re: Lightest pack that can hold a horizontal bear canister? on 06/14/2013 16:02:06 MDT Print View

About a million posts and threads on this if you search. A Jam will if you only care about weight. FWIW I'm in the school that vertical is a far better way to go. Good luck.

Billy Ray
(rosyfinch) - M

Locale: the mountains
zPacks on 06/14/2013 16:11:29 MDT Print View

If you can wait until slow season give Joe a call at zPacks... he mentioned to me last spring he could make a custom Arc Blast to fit a Weekender horizontal on top.

The Scout will fit horizontal in the standard Arc Blast... or so I am told.
I can do an 8 day trip with the Scout. Did it with a Scout horizontal at the top of an Ohm 2.0 last fall.

Bill D

Christopher Kuzak
(KC)
exos on 06/15/2013 01:04:10 MDT Print View

While I second the vertical canister position, my weekender fits easily horizontally in my exos.

Martin Ellenberger
(martellenberger) - M
Re: exos on 06/15/2013 02:29:33 MDT Print View

"While I second the vertical canister position, my weekender fits easily horizontally in my exos"

What size exos do you have?

Christopher Kuzak
(KC)
exos on 06/15/2013 09:31:06 MDT Print View

I've got the 58. With the top pocket off it is 35 ounces, 40 with it on. As someone who sweats a fair amount, I can say it's a great pack for getting air on your back. It fits a canister without a fight too. Those are the two main reasons I decided to keep it (and the fact I've got a son who will be old enough to join me soon--a bigger pack will be needed for sure).

Mike Feldman
(MikeF)

Locale: SE USA
a BV 450 fits in my Zpacks Zero-small>> on 06/15/2013 10:42:27 MDT Print View

Small but Joe made it 4 inches longer! Of course that is vertical..