Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Sage Clegg, 33, of Bend aims to be first hiker to finish Oregon Desert Trail
Display Avatars Sort By:
Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Sage Clegg, 33, of Bend aims to be first hiker to finish Oregon Desert Trail on 06/14/2013 10:31:56 MDT Print View

Just interesting. That is all.

http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2013/06/sage_clegg_33_of_bend_tries_to.html#incart_river

Edited by saparisor on 06/14/2013 10:32:49 MDT.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Sage Clegg, 33, of Bend aims to be first hiker to finish Oregon Desert Trail on 06/14/2013 10:35:03 MDT Print View

more info

Bryce F.
(bster13) - MLife

Locale: Norwalk, CT
3.5 on 06/14/2013 10:57:39 MDT Print View

3.5 oz shelter....hrmmm.

Steve S
(idahosteve) - F

Locale: Idaho
Oregon Desert Trail seriously bad a$$ on 06/14/2013 12:40:07 MDT Print View

Interesting? Hell, I live in this desert, have written a guidebook on it, and this gal is flat out incredible! This terrain is without a doubt some of the most inhospitable, brutal, tough, difficult, waterless, and downright BAD A$$ in the entire globe.
I am blown away that someone even thought it was feasible to even link up these sections. I've traveled extensivley thru the eastern Oregon, and Southern Idaho deserts, and canyons, and wow, its hard to make a few miles a day, let alone put together 800 miles before the weather gets hot. In the Owyhee Canyonlands alone, its easier to float down the canyon than to try and walk. This is pretty out there hiking. Will be cool to see how this trip goes.