Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Something completely different from the maker of the Backcountry Boiler (me)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Devin Montgomery
(dsmontgomery) - MLife

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble
Something completely different from the maker of the Backcountry Boiler (me) on 06/13/2013 12:28:48 MDT Print View

Hi All,

Not backpacking related, but since this is where I'm used to sharing everything I make, and since BPL is basically the reason I can now make things for a living, I thought I'd post something on it. I had a son earlier this year and made something I think is really cool for him:Oliver's Midnight Clock. It's called Oliver's Midnight Clock, or just The Midnight Clock. The riddle is the key to unlocking the clock and revealing a hidden book.

Now back to the carbon flame wars. :)

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Something completely different from the maker of the Backcountry Boiler (me) on 06/13/2013 22:43:51 MDT Print View

Devin,

I'd really appreciate it if you would stop posting stuff like this on BPL. I have enough in my daily life to remind me of my horrible carpentry/crafty skills and I don't need stuff like this to rub it in my face :)

Well done man! Looks awesome.

Rog Tallbloke
(tallbloke) - F

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
Crickets on 06/14/2013 07:39:36 MDT Print View

Now back to the carbon flame wars. :)

Not much chance of that Devin. Looks like I've been sent to coventry in my absence. Either that or BPL is a pale shadow of its former self.

How's the boiler business going?

Devin Montgomery
(dsmontgomery) - MLife

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble
Re: Crickets on 06/14/2013 10:33:38 MDT Print View

@Ian - lol. When I started reading your post, I thought "Oh no! I thought I'd be safe in chaff!" But seriously, thanks. :)

@Rog - The Boiler business has been going well - I get a few orders every day, and it's extremely gratifying to see how far the project has come from the first days on here. I have some other fire-related products in the line, too, but they tend to take longer for testing, changing, and re-testing.