Forum Index » Editor's Roundtable » Exped Airmat Pumps Spotlite Review

Display Avatars Sort By:
Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Re: Does moisture accumulate... on 06/15/2013 17:52:29 MDT Print View

"How do you get the moisture out of the mat when you get back home?"

Over the course of a day I pump up the mat, place it in a sunny 6' window to warm it, and then deflate it. Then repeating the process when I happen to walk through the living room.

It takes about 6 iterations to dry it out. A Synmat UL 7 is translucent against a bright window and it is obvious when all the beads of water are gone.

When I had a BA Clearview I followed the BA recommendation of hanging the matt with the open valve down, and that worked as well. Slow diffusion I guess.

Other accomplish the same thing by flushing with an aquarium pump.

YMMV

Edited by greg23 on 06/15/2013 18:25:53 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Does moisture accumulate... on 06/15/2013 18:28:32 MDT Print View

I thought about doing the same thing with my Thermarest self inflating mat, let it inflate, compress, repeat a few times

So, I started weighing it to see if I needed to do this

But since the weight always is the same it must not be accumulating moisture so I just don't worry about it

It might have a little mositure, and then stuff could be growing in it. Too bad it's not clear. But as long as the weight stays the same I guess I don't care.

David Eitemiller
(DavidE) - MLife
Exped Airmat Pump adaptor for external valves on 06/20/2013 04:34:06 MDT Print View

I don't have or use a pump bag or the airmat pumps Exped has but like the idea of being able to pump up my Neoair with a Exped airmat pump - especially the exped pillow pump. It seems unusual to me that someone hasn't figured out how to fashion an adaptor to go on the exped pumps so that you can use it for the better winter exped mats but also for lighter weight summer pads like the neo-air. This forum is always filled with people putting those types of ideas together for all our benefit.

Does anyone have experience or thoughts on how an adaptor could be fashioned to fit onto the exped pumps so they could be used with external valve mats like the Neo-air?

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Exped Airmat Pump adaptor for external valves on 06/20/2013 06:32:23 MDT Print View

Link provided in the 6th post down