Here are some pics of my first myog pack. The intent of this project was to see if I could indeed make my own pack! I used some extra uncoated, un-calendared 1.1 ripstop I had from a previous project, and some plastic parts from DIY Gear Supply. It has a double-layered bottom, a pad pocket, 1/8" foam shoulder straps (3" wide). I used french seams which was a lot more work than necessary, but looks nice all over. 3.0 oz!
Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out and learned a lot! The pack fits great and is comfortable with a SUL load. I don't know if I'll ever actually use this pack; the 1.1 I used is kinda weak, and I'm not 100% confident in my shoulder strap connection. However, it's probably strong enough for a safe, on-trail overnighter.
Things for next time: Make the side pockets taller, maybe try a mesh front, figure out a more secure connection between pack & shoulder strap, use an easier seam than a french seam (but still need to protect the fabric edge).
Any comments/suggestions welcome!