Forum Index » GEAR » HMG UltaMid 2 first impression and pics

Display Avatars Sort By:
Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good day for HMG on 06/15/2013 19:34:14 MDT Print View

nm

Edited by FamilyGuy on 10/30/2013 12:36:29 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Good day for HMG on 06/15/2013 19:38:37 MDT Print View

boys...

Edited by kthompson on 06/15/2013 19:46:12 MDT.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Re: Re: Good day for HMG on 06/15/2013 19:42:32 MDT Print View

nm

Edited by FamilyGuy on 10/30/2013 12:37:25 MDT.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Good day for HMG on 06/15/2013 19:47:08 MDT Print View

On the internet, nobody knows you're a Doug....

.doug

J C
(Joomy) - M
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good day for HMG on 06/15/2013 19:49:08 MDT Print View

I edited because I want this to end. You are the troll here.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Re: Re: Re: Good day for HMG on 06/15/2013 19:57:05 MDT Print View

nm

Edited by FamilyGuy on 10/30/2013 12:39:05 MDT.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: Re: Re: Good day for HMG on 06/15/2013 20:34:57 MDT Print View

Damn, where'd the pictures go?
I thought this was becoming a meme fight...

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good day for HMG on 06/15/2013 20:37:35 MDT Print View

nm

Edited by FamilyGuy on 10/30/2013 12:45:34 MDT.

Derrick White
(miku) - MLife

Locale: Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada
Another Thread Hijacked by Insults on 06/16/2013 11:17:47 MDT Print View

FWIW I as one member am getting tired of threads going off topic with people insulting each other.

This is happening increasingly here on BPL. Its really quite simple, you can disagree with an opinion and challenge it politely, but judging the person shouldn't be tolerated. That line gets crossed when you attack the person not their point.

I would wholeheartedly support those that insult others being kicked off here. You are polluting an otherwise positive and helpful community.

This thread is about the HMG Ultamid 2.

Derrick

Edited by miku on 06/16/2013 11:18:25 MDT.

Mike Allen
(michaellea62) - F

Locale: UTAH
+1 for Derrick on 06/16/2013 11:22:19 MDT Print View

Thanks Derrick, I'm with you on that one.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Re: Another Thread Hijacked by Insults on 06/16/2013 12:55:09 MDT Print View

nm

Edited by FamilyGuy on 10/30/2013 12:45:04 MDT.

Ian Van Halen
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Additional pictures with pad on 06/16/2013 13:22:41 MDT Print View

That is a nice looking mid Richard! I'm thinking about buying the S2S duo nano mosquito net for my Hexamid Twin. Is this your first experience with the single and what are your thoughts about it?

Richard R
(alaskaoneday) - MLife

Locale: Northern CA
Sea to Summit Nano on 06/16/2013 17:15:14 MDT Print View

So far I am liking it. I was wondering whether it would stay on as I sleep all over the place and figured one of my arms or legs would some how pull it from under my pad but that has not happened (yet?) I found I really like not having to enter/exit through a zippered door to get in bed. I'll be taking it out next weekend to Point Reyes and then off for a week in Yosemite for more testing.

J C
(Joomy) - M
Re: Another Thread Hijacked by Insults on 06/16/2013 23:12:12 MDT Print View

"This is happening increasingly here on BPL. Its really quite simple, you can disagree with an opinion and challenge it politely, but judging the person shouldn't be tolerated. That line gets crossed when you attack the person not their point."

I am 100% with you Derrick and it was my frustration at being insulted and maligned out of the blue that started this whole nonsense.

I promised myself I wouldn't do this and I'm very sorry for dragging this out but I feel obliged to defend myself and set the record straight since many of the original posts have been edited.

Davey, this all started when you accused me of being a "troll". When I went to defend myself I said "don't be an idiot" which I feel was justified! You then went about trolling ME, hijacking other threads to harass me and get back at me like a child. I perhaps unwisely commented here on some similar behaviour directed at someone else, and you again felt the need to chime in and antagonise me. I posted a hotly worded response which I immediately deleted because I decided it was inappropriate (not to mention futile) even though it was fully warranted. You continued to post harassing and insulting comments and pictures etc. even while I was trying to put an end to things.

You may not be an idiot or an asshole normally, but you sure have acted like one towards me. I'm not a troll nor am I "super aggressive". I was trying to defend myself and get you to leave me alone. I come here to share my opinions and participate in discussions amicably and politely and I (perhaps stupidly) expected the same of others. I apologise for calling you an idiot, and to everyone else who had to witness this absurd exchange. I don't expect I will get the same courtesy from you.

Edited by Joomy on 06/16/2013 23:14:49 MDT.

James DeGraaf
(jdegraaf) - MLife

Locale: Bay Area
Re: HMG UltaMid 2 first impression and pics on 06/16/2013 23:25:54 MDT Print View

And back on topic,
What is the purpose of the "screen flap" (for lack of a cooler technical name)?
Doesn't the cover already protect the screen from precipitation?

Perhaps Ken would cut that off too, after he straightened all the webbing cut ends too.
Thanks,
James

scree ride
(scree)
Re: Re: Another Thread Hijacked by Insults on 06/17/2013 05:49:47 MDT Print View

Sounds like a PP.

Mike St.Pierre (HMG)
(HyperliteMountainGear) - M

Locale: Maine
HMG on 06/17/2013 15:10:51 MDT Print View

Hello All,

We appreciate feedback from our customers and gearheads, whether its on BPL or comes to us directly!
In our view, there is always room for improvement and HMG is constantly working to revise and refine our products, designs and manufacturing process. What our customers tell us matters -- customer feedback translates directly into product improvements, design changes and sometimes new products. This is one of the great things about doing all of our production in house: we can revise and improve our products in real time. So keep the comments coming!

p.s. The HMG production crew is already all over the webbing concern noted in this thread --- its a aesthetic, not a functional concern, but we get it --- the details on the appearance count. You've been heard and the result is an improvement in HMG's products!

Mike Allen
(michaellea62) - F

Locale: UTAH
UltaMid 2 question on 06/20/2013 21:24:36 MDT Print View

Hey you all that have bought the UltaMid 2, I have a question for you. I have narrowed my search for a new light weight tent to the Hexamid Long, MLD Duomid, and the HMG Ultamid 2 tarp/tents and have a question regarding the UltaMid 2. With the Duomid the sleeping area is in the back of the tarp and the vestibule area is in the front and when you open the door during rain you would not expose your down sleeping bag to rain, but maybe a little rain in the vestibule area. With the door on the UltaMid 2 moved to the short end of the tarp does this expose the sleeping area to rain if the door is opened? I will be using the UltaMid as a solo hiker. Thanks for your help.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: HMG on 06/20/2013 21:28:17 MDT Print View

Thanks HMG for taking my comments to heart.

Richard R
(alaskaoneday) - MLife

Locale: Northern CA
re:UltaMid 2 question on 06/20/2013 21:35:40 MDT Print View

Hey Mike
I will be taking my Ultamid 2 out Sunday and Monday and there is a chance of rain in the forecast, I will let you know how it goes.