November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Goosefeet/Zpacks hood for the long-necked?
Display Avatars Sort By:
(Joomy) - M
Goosefeet/Zpacks hood for the long-necked? on 06/07/2013 02:48:51 MDT Print View

Hi all, I'm wondering if there are any long-necked folk who use the Goosefeet Gear/Zpacks down hood. I hadn't really considered this until I read the review over at that this particular hood might not work for those with longer than average necks. I have a very long neck and I'm not keen on purchasing one and paying for international shipping only to find it way too short. I am only interested in using it with a quilt BTW, not with a jacket. Can anyone comment?

Jason Elsworth
(jephoto) - M

Locale: New Zealand
Goosefeet/Zpacks hood for the long-necked? on 06/07/2013 03:42:32 MDT Print View

I think I have a fairly long neck and mine seems fine. It has lots of length front and back so the side will likely be the only issue unless you are a giraffe:) I would contact Joe and get him to measure one for you. Joe's service is second to none.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife

Re: Goosefeet/Zpacks hood for the long-necked? on 06/07/2013 03:43:41 MDT Print View

Spend a little extra and go with the Nunatak or the Katabatic.