Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Stoked to get back out there!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dave Jenkins
(Jinx667)

Locale: SoCal
Stoked to get back out there! on 06/06/2013 00:32:36 MDT Print View

Hey lighthikers,

I will be back from my Afghanistan deployment later this summer. It is very lame to be surrounded by mountains out here and not allowed to hike them.

I will have some new gear waiting on me to try out when I get back. I decided I wanted a pack with a frame, so I ordered up a Multicam ULA Circuit (Using a Jam currently). I also used my REI dividend to get a pair of BD Z-FL Distance poles to try out. I never tried them before because I was in-between sizes. Now I will just have to check when I get back if they will be a direct replacement for my other BD poles in my Lightheart Solo. If not, I will have to order up a new strut. I also picked up a Klymit Static V as a backup to my older NeoAir.

My buddies are planning a Yosemite trip again this year, so hopefully I will make it back in time for that.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Stoked to get back out there! on 06/06/2013 06:33:27 MDT Print View

Be safe over there.

Interesting yo me that you went multi cam. Thought you might be sick of looking at camo.

Dave Jenkins
(Jinx667)

Ha you would think! on 06/12/2013 01:12:00 MDT Print View

Ha, you would think! I am in desert digitals, and I like Multicam. I almost went old school woodland, but MC won out in the end.

Dave Jenkins
(Jinx667)

Pack arrived! on 06/13/2013 00:26:53 MDT Print View

My friend took delivery on my new ULA Circuit. It was at my door step about 3 days after ordering. I cannot wait to see it in person and get it loaded up.

ULA Circuit MC 1

ULA Circuit MC 2

Edited by Jinx667 on 06/13/2013 00:31:02 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Pack arrived! on 06/13/2013 06:26:40 MDT Print View

They're so fast. Have fun!