Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
almond coconut tortilla
Display Avatars Sort By:
Daniel Fish
(daniel@fishfamilypdx.com)

Locale: PDX
... on 06/05/2013 12:00:53 MDT Print View

Edited by daniel@fishfamilypdx.com on 06/23/2013 12:18:48 MDT.

David Thomas
(DavidinKenai) - MLife

Locale: North Woods. Far North.
Re: almond coconut tortilla on 06/06/2013 12:16:31 MDT Print View

I'd agree that is very low-volume and calorie-dense.

I've gone to wraps years ago on my death marches (40+ miles in a day) because sitting down to eat burns daylight. Wraps are really easy to eat as I walk and there are no crumbs as there are with sandwiches. Long days are as much about your mindset as your feet, and one of the head games I play is to note where I am when I start slowly eating my lunch. When I'm done nibbling lunch and sipping water as I hike, I might be 2 miles down the trail which feels like a big win compared to sitting down for lunch and that's a mental boost.

Note, I use "lunch" in the broad sense of the word: a multi-course meal of 800-1200 calories such as a wrap, some dried fruit, a few cookies and a lot of water. There may be 5 or 6 "lunches" in the course of a long day, starting before dawn and going into the night.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: almond coconut tortilla on 06/06/2013 14:16:41 MDT Print View

Holy smokes that looks decadent! I'll have to snoop around and see if I can find Aunt Patty's and Maranatha locally. Sucks that we don't have a Trader Joes or Whole Foods in my town.

Nice to see you back Dave.

spelt with a t
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
almond coconut tortilla on 06/06/2013 14:35:54 MDT Print View

As the kids on tumblr say, "unf."

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Re: almond coconut tortilla on 06/06/2013 18:41:28 MDT Print View

Ian, Maranatha also makes a coconut butter that is divine....good stuff!

Btw for those who can't get these things locally, try Vitacost.com for ordering. They were fast and overall well priced - and they run deals on free shipping.

Daniel Fish
(daniel@fishfamilypdx.com)

Locale: PDX
... on 06/08/2013 18:39:34 MDT Print View

Edited by daniel@fishfamilypdx.com on 06/23/2013 12:19:22 MDT.