Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB Solo Bear Canister
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kyle Miskell
(sinfjoltismustache)
WTB Solo Bear Canister on 06/03/2013 16:52:01 MDT Print View

Found one, thanks!

Edited by sinfjoltismustache on 06/04/2013 10:46:35 MDT.

andy fry
(bvbhiker)
Bearikade Rental? on 06/03/2013 18:17:55 MDT Print View

Hi, Have you considered the Bearikade rental program? They'll ship to your home or trailhead post office, and you ship back when your finished. I found it to be a great and convenient idea,

Kyle Miskell
(sinfjoltismustache)
re: on 06/03/2013 21:05:25 MDT Print View

I've considered it, however I may be camping in bear territory in the future so it seems worthwhile to get one.

N S
(HighPeaks)

Locale: Upstate New York
Bear Canister Help - Adirondacks on 06/04/2013 12:13:31 MDT Print View

Need some advice. Been out of the woods for several years and I know the ADK (Adirondacks - High Peaks) has implemented bear canister policy. I would like to find a great lightweight solo product. I'd be willing to invest some money if the product was good.

The last one we rented was in the Lone Pine Wilderness (Mt. Whitney) and it was terrible. It looked like a mini-keg and was large and heavy. The ADK is recommending the same kind but I don't know if there are better alternatives. Have there been any advancements in products that would meet the restrictions.

I've attached a trip picture for nostalgia.

BTW - How do I create a new post in the forums. I've looked for awhile now but can't find it. Thanks much.Mt. Whitney Peak - Hot that dayMt. Whitney Trail Marker

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Bear Canister Help - Adirondacks on 06/04/2013 12:15:34 MDT Print View

go to what ever section you what to start a thread in like GEAR and at the top of the page click on Create a New Thread.

N S
(HighPeaks)

Locale: Upstate New York
Re: Re: Bear Canister Help - Adirondacks on 06/04/2013 12:21:00 MDT Print View

Found the link. Can't believe I missed it! Going to repost there. Thanks for the quick response.