Forum Index » GEAR » I may have to buy one!

Display Avatars Sort By:
Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
I may have to buy one! on 06/02/2013 01:46:17 MDT Print View

This is kind of interesting, looks comfortable, and roomy, just a little on the heavy side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqImIChxJ-E

Jack

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: I may have to buy one! on 06/02/2013 04:31:16 MDT Print View

It's an enclosed hammock he is selling for over 1K..yipes.

Tom Lyons
(towaly) - F

Locale: Smoky Mtns.
unrealistic on 06/02/2013 08:15:03 MDT Print View

There would be no chance of finding anyplace to set that thing up in any of the woods around where I live.
It simply requires too much open space, which is typically not available in the woods.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re:Trimock on 06/02/2013 08:24:14 MDT Print View

I like the comments on YouTube. Impractical, heavy, unrealistic. Sounds like here.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lakes Bay Region
Re: Re:Trimock on 06/02/2013 08:29:19 MDT Print View

nice comparsion Ken.

spelt the enigmatic
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: I may have to buy one! on 06/02/2013 08:57:30 MDT Print View

It fits more into a tiny house category, and is reasonably priced for that, although there are more practical options for not much more money.

Troy Hawkins
(ollyisk) - F - MLife

Locale: Germany
re: on 06/02/2013 11:27:09 MDT Print View

Aside from the other issues, it's worth noting that this tent will also cause damage to the trees they hang them from unless they're putting a pad on the tree to protect its trunk from the grosgrain straps. Kind of like the issues that slacklining creates.

Stevie Patrick
(XstevieX)

Locale: Adirondacks
Re: re: on 06/02/2013 14:12:13 MDT Print View

this is pretty funny to me.

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
Re: I may have to buy one! on 06/02/2013 15:13:20 MDT Print View

I do like the concept, but like some have mentioned it's to heavy, exspensive and probably would cause damage to the tress with those big straps.

I just posted this to see what kind of a rise I could get out of people, you have to admit if this was scaled down for backpacking with lighter weights, less aggresive straps, and a decent price point, a lot of us would be all over this, cool concept though.

The first thing that came to mind for me was, someones going to hang themselves on those straps on a late night pee break. LOL

Jack

Loren B
(ljamesb)

Locale: London UK, Greenville USA
Re: I may have to buy one! on 06/02/2013 17:17:06 MDT Print View

ha ha, I kinda like them. Would be fun to pitch one high up, and then climb up to enter it using a rope ladder. They are probably wildly impractical for most situations, but the video made me smile.

The only problem is, you could just do the same thing using using a cliff tent, but this would probably cause near to no damage to the trees if you pitched carefully from multiple trees. That makes me want to buy a cliff tent :D. Does anyone know the lightest one available?

tree camping

Edited by ljamesb on 06/02/2013 17:23:14 MDT.