Lightest tee shirt...Oudoor Research Echo?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Colin Krusor
(ckrusor)

Locale: Northwest US
Lightest tee shirt...Oudoor Research Echo? on 05/31/2013 23:38:24 MDT Print View

I wish the Golite Drimove Silk tees were still available. Is the OR Echo (3.1 oz size L short sleeve) currently the lightest tee shirt out there?

M B
(livingontheroad) - M
wildwood on 06/01/2013 08:57:45 MDT Print View

golite wildwood trail is 3 oz in L, nice shirts. Med is 2.77oz

Edited by livingontheroad on 06/01/2013 08:59:13 MDT.

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
Tees on 06/01/2013 09:18:33 MDT Print View

Yeah I miss the Drimove Silk also. The cut was short, but the fabric was the best. I could wash that thing, toss it on and it was dry in 20min. Mine was 1.9oz.

As MB mentions, the Wildwood Run Tee from GoLite seems to be about the lightest. I had to size up to a L (I'm 5'11, 165 lbs).

Loren B
(ljamesb)

Locale: London UK, Greenville USA
RAB Aeon on 06/01/2013 09:19:12 MDT Print View

You could try the RAB Aeon tee which is 3oz and very comfortable to wear. Or the RAB helium tee which has some cocona fabric for anti odour properties.

Peter Fokkinga
(nitto)

Locale: the Netherlands
Rohan Ultra Silver T on 06/01/2013 15:26:38 MDT Print View

Rohan lists the Ultra Silver T as being 60 grams (unspecified size). For the metrically impaired, that is 2.1 oz.

Not many vendors though and it may be impossible to get in the US.

Colin Krusor
(ckrusor)

Rohan on 06/02/2013 09:57:52 MDT Print View

Peter, thanks for pointing me to that Rohan shirt. That's a good find. I looked into shipping to the US, and evidently they'll do it, although it's expensive. I'm tempted. I like that shirt not only because it is light but also it isn't plastered with a giant brand name. Some of the Golite shirts have "GOLITE" printed in giant letters across the chest. The Rohan shirt is also not too snug fitting.

Loren B
(ljamesb)

rohan tee on 06/02/2013 19:37:23 MDT Print View

Nice find on the Rohan tee peter!

I just looked through some of their gear and found that Rohan also make a 5.5oz adjustable alloy pole which costs about $45. I think that weight includes a basket and strap. I estimate that removing these both would bring the weight down to 4.4oz each. 8.8oz for two alloy poles is pretty good. I'm no trekking pole expert though so maybe there are lighter non-carbon options out there. Are these actually the lightest aluminium 3 section poles in the world (as they claim)?

Their ether pants are 7oz.

They make some dress and casual button shirts which are 6oz and made from technical materials (I own one of these already)

Looks like I may be taking a trip to a Rohan store to weigh things while I am here in the UK.

Edited by ljamesb on 06/02/2013 19:49:07 MDT.

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
Rohan on 06/02/2013 19:54:11 MDT Print View

That Rohan tee does look good. I'm interested in that.

Colin: I agree about the huge GoLite logo. It's unfortunate. I originally bought the 1/4 zip version just to avoid the huge logo. After that one died (fire incident) I got the regular wildwood top which has the huge logo. I've been meaning to try peeling it off.

Loren B
(ljamesb)

Re: rohan tee on 06/04/2013 10:11:56 MDT Print View

Took a trip down to a Rohan store yesterday hoping to weigh an ultra silver t-shirt. Unfortunately they were out of the ultra tees so can't comment on them. The thing I did find out though is that the trekking poles I mentioned are rebranded FIzan compact trekking poles. These ones

Edited by ljamesb on 06/04/2013 10:12:45 MDT.

William Chilton
(WilliamC3) - MLife

Locale: Antakya
Re: Re: rohan tee on 06/04/2013 10:34:15 MDT Print View

I have the Ultra Silver LS Crew. The Rohan website says it weighs 95g. Mine weighs 72g in size medium. I think anyone thinking of buying one can buy safely without worrying about it coming in overweight.
Anyone buying from abroad, just buy a lot of them and the savings in VAT (@ 20%) will cover the shipping ;)
I just wish they made the LS Crew in lighter colours.

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: Re: rohan tee on 06/04/2013 11:10:57 MDT Print View

Was going to give it a shot until I saw it would be $62.00 to get it to my door. If anyone is interested in a group purchase and splitting the shipping I would be on board.

Ryan

Loren B
(ljamesb)

May be able to help on 06/04/2013 12:21:12 MDT Print View

I am happy to post some to a few people in the US since $62 is just a crazy amount more than it should cost.

I mail packages every day for work so this not a problem - it will just mean a few more things to take with me to the post office each day. Depending on how many people would like one, I estimate that it would cost £34.50 with postage to the US for one tee which is about $52. If anyone is interested then make it known here or pm me.

Colin Krusor
(ckrusor)

Rohan Ultra Silver on 06/04/2013 12:33:27 MDT Print View

Loren, I'll definitely take you up on that offer. Thanks very much for being willing to do it. I'll send you a PM with the details.

William, you mentioned that you wear a medium. What is your height and weight? I'm 5'10" and 155lbs. I assume I'd wear a medium as well.

William Chilton
(WilliamC3) - MLife

Locale: Antakya
Rohan Ultra Silver in medium on 06/04/2013 12:52:44 MDT Print View

I'm 5'10" and 70kg, which is pretty much 155lbs too.

Peter Fokkinga
(nitto)

Locale: the Netherlands
foothills.uk.com for Rohan gear on 06/04/2013 14:34:56 MDT Print View

Shipping cost by rohan.co.uk is rather steep. You may also inquire at foothills, their international shipping is (or at least used to be) more reasonable.

One advice though: only use insured shipping with them. I have bought from numerous UK webshops over the years and never had any problem with shipping, but when I ordered from them the parcel never arrived. Now it could be that Royal Mail had a bad day. Or it could be that they botched my order (wrong address label whatever).

Loren B
(ljamesb)

Re: Rohan Ultra Silver on 06/04/2013 16:34:55 MDT Print View

In that case it looks like there may not be much point in getting things for anyone. If you order with foothills, the price will be less since you can order it without 20% tax, which mostly covers the cost of shipping to the US with them.

It's pretty hilarious that it would only cost 80 pence more for me to order a t-shirt to be delivered to me in the US than it would be to order one to be delivered to me while I am here in the UK. it's also interesting that actually, either way you do it, the money still ends in government hands. They either get £5.60 from tax, or they get £6.40 through royal mail, which is government owned. hehe

Edited by ljamesb on 06/04/2013 16:39:11 MDT.