@Erik - so glad to hear it! Thanks for the feedback... when you get a chance, share your experience and photos from the trip (via here, twitter or exodussandals.com/ submit).
@All - I am planning on putting together a tutorial on how to adjust but hopefully this is a good reference point...
1. Start at the toe loop and adjust the squeeze to your liking (may need to adjust off the foot and then slip it on, that hole is purposely as tight as I could get it to ensure no slippage during active pursuits)
2. Once XO toe lock is set, work your way across the front strap and then to the main cross strap which leads to the side buckle near the inside of the foot. I prefer to leave this cross strap a bit loose (i.e. one or two fingers room between the strap and the top of your foot). This will allow the cross strap to pull to the outside a bit during the final tightening step. Also, note that if this strap is too tight, your foot will typically be pushed to the back of the sandal.
3. To adjust the strapping that runs through the side buckles, including the heel strap, remove the sandal and slide the side buckles up, or away from the footbed. This will provide some space & strapping between the buckle and the rubber, which will allow for adjustment
4. Once the heel strap is adjusted to your liking and double checking the cross strap, simply slide the buckles back down toward the sandal to lock in your adjustments.
5. Pull the extra strapping coming from the buckle on the outside of the foot, tighten the top buckle to your liking and voila!
Hopefully this helps. I have found that once this is done, you can actually slide the sandal off and on by just dropping the heel strap rather than loosening and tightening every time.