Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Daniel Fish
(daniel@fishfamilypdx.com)

Locale: PDX
... on 06/08/2013 18:54:48 MDT Print View

Edited by daniel@fishfamilypdx.com on 06/23/2013 12:19:52 MDT.

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: bye y'all on 06/09/2013 00:01:00 MDT Print View

Viso Cheers!

adieu

scree ride
(scree)
cost on 06/09/2013 08:39:46 MDT Print View

Often with the cottage industries, products are subbed out to be built. You are not going to find perfection unless you want to pay McHale prices. You play the odds. A step may get missed. Something left off, a tie out, whatnot. Rips and tears are highly unusual and also highly suspect.
You return it and get new. Thats the game. It's spelled out in the warranty. Often the state supersedes with a greater warranty, not always. A better warranty raises the price. Few will pay that price, yet want the same outcome. It's just not going to happen.

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F
the BPL way ;) on 06/09/2013 10:01:50 MDT Print View

so basically yr saying that people who buy cottage should expect shiet service

and things like holes in bug nettings, bad stiching, missing cordlocks ... and not post about it here so its BPLs best kept secret

and if you do have problems and contact the manufacturer first ... you should expect no real resolution

and if you do post about yr experience on BPL ... you should expect BPLers to tell you what a whinner and idiot you are

and then expect said BPLers to say the thread should be deleted, sent to chaff, etc ...

these are ALL simple facts, everyone one of them as can be seen in this thread ...

;)

robert v
(mtnbob123) - F

Locale: Upstate South Carolina
+1 Poor SMD Customer Service on 06/09/2013 10:29:19 MDT Print View

You have hit the nail on the head. This issue would have never reared it's ugly head if SMD was truly concerned with quality and their customers. Ron's response said it all!! Too bad he took it down.

Jim Milstein
(JimSubzero) - M

Locale: New Uraniborg CO
SMD Queered the Deal, and It Didn't Have to. on 06/12/2013 22:49:04 MDT Print View

This thread must not die!

Yang, you're a good man. Thanks for posting.

As for all you who disparage Yang, call him a whiner, an ignorant noob, say he should just absorb poor treatment and defective goods, well, I don't know what to say, since there is no chance that your minds could grasp the issue (I'm talking to you, John Abela).

Someone said that Amazon (like all other vendors) does not pay shipping for return of defective goods. I have returned defective goods to Amazon twice, both times with a prepaid return label automatically provided by Amazon. On another occasion, the refund was credited, and no return was required. Whether the law requires this service or not, Amazon was clearly doing the right thing, and I appreciate that. I still do business with them despite defective goods now and then.

SMD queered the deal, and it didn't have to. It's that simple.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm confused - what exactly are you whining about? on 06/13/2013 06:06:36 MDT Print View

na

scree ride
(scree)
When you buy a Ford on 06/13/2013 06:43:10 MDT Print View

don't expect a Bentley. Pay attention to the warranty. I have a Ford. Its a good truck. Id buy another. Id rather have a Bentley.

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F
Re: When you buy a Ford on 06/13/2013 11:11:22 MDT Print View

you have a better "warranty" off some "crap" purchased at costco, REI (even with their new limits), ll bean, etc ...

whats this useless yapping about yuppie cars ;)

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: Re: When you buy a Ford on 06/13/2013 11:37:08 MDT Print View

Speaking of yuppie Eric... did you see this thing???

scree ride
(scree)
Re: Re: When you buy a Ford on 06/13/2013 12:42:34 MDT Print View

Then buy "crap" at the yuppie stores. They just don't seem to have very much of what I want.
Besides I thought yuppies drove Subarus. Bentleys are for rich white trash like Paris Hilton.

spelt with a t
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
no, no, no on 06/13/2013 12:57:23 MDT Print View

Yuppies only drive Legacy sedans. Lesbians, DINKs, and outdoorspeople drive Outbacks and Foresters. And rally fans drive WRXs. We don't speak of the Baja.

Edited by spelt on 06/13/2013 12:58:51 MDT.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: no, no, no on 06/13/2013 13:06:47 MDT Print View

Hey now... I learned how to drive in a '69 vw baja out on Rabbit Springs Dry Lake in Lucerne Valley CA (yeah, that explains a lot, huh) -- there is nothing like an old vw baja to make a persons heart sing a little John Denver, with the windows rolled down and hoping the battery does not fall through the rusted out floorboard!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: I'm confused - what exactly are you whining about? on 06/13/2013 17:36:01 MDT Print View

Damn new batch of lunar Solos are heavier.

Jim Sweeney
(swimjay) - MLife

Locale: Northern California
Business in peril on 06/30/2013 12:39:04 MDT Print View

I think we've got it backwards, but hope not. The problem is not that Ron's responses are likely to damage his business, but rather that his responses may be the result of stresses from his business being in trouble. One reaches an "Oh, f..k it" stage in which one has lost all elasticity.

I hope this isn't the case. A SMD Gatewood Cape saved my ass once when a 20% chance of rain turned overnight into a 90% chance of snow, at 10,000 feet.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Business in peril on 06/30/2013 12:43:34 MDT Print View

New batch of Skyscapes in cuben sold out in less than 24 hours. That seems like good business unless he only ordered 20.