Forum Index » GEAR » Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)

Display Avatars Sort By:
Yang Lu
(yanglu)
Re: because on 05/30/2013 18:21:58 MDT Print View

Scree, you pointed out something I have never had in my mind and I certainly hope Six Moon Design was not as what you said: "...They've perhaps categorized you as having buyers remorse and are sending back used merchandise..."

spelt the enigmatic
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
this thread on 05/30/2013 18:24:09 MDT Print View

I can't even

spelt the enigmatic
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: this thread on 05/30/2013 18:24:52 MDT Print View

If it weren't for the lack of gifs I'd have thought I was on tumblr.

scree ride
(scree)
window? on 05/30/2013 18:26:49 MDT Print View

They don't give me a window here. They took away my string trimmer as well. I only fantasize about lawn mowers. Nobody lets me borrow them anymore.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: Re: More evidence Watson! on 05/30/2013 18:33:39 MDT Print View

"Actually, I had my eye on your string trimmer."

Sorry, I lent it to Six Moon Designs.

scree ride
(scree)
Re: Re: because on 05/30/2013 18:37:39 MDT Print View

Not that it is what you were doing, it's just how it may appear. It would not be the first time it happened. You gave two reasons for the return. One was that you wanted something else. That may have been all that they heard. Bottom line is that they are not evil people. All the hatred in this entire thread really only tells me that we've been sitting inside too much. We all need to lighten up.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: because I are human on 05/30/2013 18:37:44 MDT Print View

Exactly the point I wanted to make. I made a mistake. I'm human. Just like everyone else involved in this trivial issue. Rectify the problem and that is that. It's so simple.

I see another page worth of BS coming up.

This reads like the Carbon Flame War. We need more graphs.

scree ride
(scree)
Re: Re: because I are human on 05/30/2013 18:41:13 MDT Print View

We need more giraffes.

Hiking Malto
(gg-man) - F
Happy thoughts on 05/30/2013 18:42:18 MDT Print View

Goatrocks

doug thomas
(sparky52804) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Iowa
Re: Re: because I are human on 05/30/2013 18:42:33 MDT Print View

And charts, don't forget the charts

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Re: Re: Re: because I are human on 05/30/2013 18:51:53 MDT Print View

Us

Karple T
(ctracyverizon)

Locale: Mid-Alantic
** on 05/30/2013 18:56:36 MDT Print View

Edited by ctracyverizon on 06/12/2013 07:58:47 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: window? on 05/30/2013 18:57:43 MDT Print View

You can borrow my mower. You have to come here and pick it up.
I have a trimmer also.

I do not have a single SMD design product though. Trade?

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Re: Re: window? on 05/30/2013 19:17:14 MDT Print View

Sycamore

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
scree. on 05/30/2013 19:20:23 MDT Print View

SMD fanboi?

Ron Moak's 60-day old alter ego?

Troll?

CDT section hiker (sub 100 miles) sponsored by SMD?

Brandon Moak's significant other who simply HATES to see him take the fall for his perennially grumpy father yet again?

Someone lacking the ability to both read and comprehend?

You decide.

--B.R.--

(edited to add my Gross Tagline)

Edited by DaveT on 05/30/2013 19:24:36 MDT.

doug thomas
(sparky52804) - MLife

My two cents on 05/30/2013 19:23:04 MDT Print View

Yang,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the situation as I see it is, (and yes I read the posts, except for the idiots in the dogpile) you ordered the net tent and tarp for $350 + $21 for shipping for a total of $371 charged to your credit card. When you received the gear you found damage on the net tent and returned both items, at your cost I assume. You then canceled the entire order.

In my humble opinion, the refund should be for the cost of the merchandise plust the amount it cost for you to ship it BACK to SMD. Had you not canceled they should have eaten all shipping costs except for the original charge. But since you did cancel, I believe SMD is entitled to something to offset their costs (order processing, etc).

What I would have done is amend the order to send the Cuban stuff instead. Either let them keep the original charge, or credit your account and then charge the correct amount when the Cuban ships. That would have put you at or near the top of the list when the Cuban becomes available.

Finally, as a few others have mentioned, this whole mess could have been avoided with a few phone calls from either side. Emails are notoriously impersonal, and rarely do you get you true meaning across.

And no, I am not a SMD fanboy. I have only placed one order with them and was completely satisfied with the quality of the product. My only beef was what I thought was a slight design flaw.

Doug

Yang Lu
(yanglu)
Re: Re: Re: because on 05/30/2013 19:23:15 MDT Print View

No, I have only one reason to return becasue Six Moon Design sent me a defective product.

I am not talking about evil or anything. It was you mentioned those nonsense.

Not that it is what you were doing, it's just how it may appear. It would not be the first time it happened. You gave two reasons for the return. One was that you wanted something else. That may have been all that they heard. Bottom line is that they are not evil people. All the hatred in this entire thread really only tells me that we've been sitting inside too much. We all need to lighten up.

Yang Lu
(yanglu)
Re: My two cents on 05/30/2013 19:30:40 MDT Print View

Doug, I appreciate your comments. The numbers in your post were not right. I paid $350 + $12 to receive the defective product; and paid $9 to ship the defective product back to Six Moon Design.

If you say I should get $9 refund, not a problem. But I recieved nothing...

doug thomas
(sparky52804) - MLife

Re: Re: My two cents on 05/30/2013 19:40:05 MDT Print View

I was under the impression it was $21 one way. But if everything else is correct, then yes you should get 9 bucks back. In the big scheme of things $9 is probably not worth the hassle, but it still might be worth it to call them. If for nothing else than to possibly mend fences.

Hiking Malto
(gg-man) - F
To Yang on 05/30/2013 19:40:19 MDT Print View

Please give your address. I will send you $20. Can this just end!!!!!!